HMV trocadero gone ...

pragmatic

Distinguished Member
I never thought it would happen HMV trocadero has shut down, and they are going to sell the Oxford street site, that leaves HMV without a central London store (unless they gonna start a new one up).

The trocadero always seemed like a much better location, close to the tube, in an 'entertainment zone', maybe the rent was too high but it seems a real shame.

I did have a good go at their clearance sale (probably on par with Amazon prices TBH), but I guess one man cannot make a difference.

Foebane72

I recently bought "Doom 3 BFG Edition" for just £6.99 - a bargain, compared to Game's £9.99 or £19.99 on Steam. :thumbsup:

KBD1

Novice Member
I thought they were keeping the Oxford street store open, as it is their flagship store.
Has HMV gone totally defunct ?:confused:

KBD1

Novice Member
HMV are a joke.

Kinda agree there.:)
Although i do like to browse around to find any significant or impulse buys, rather than wait for delivery from online retailers.

Local press reports, that Edinburgh Princes St store is to be kept open.:smashin:

m1stergeorge

I've lost all hope for HMV.

My local store spent a month saying they were slashing prices and that all stock had to go. I went in a couple of times and all the good stock had gone, I assume to other stores that were staying open.

I was in there at the weekend and all the sale posters had gone, replaced with ones saying "Oh, wait! We are staying open! Celebrate this with the Easter deals inside!". Looking around it was all the same stock with a couple of, IMO, very poor attempts at 3 for 2 deals on the same rubbish stock they had in the sale period.

dereks

KBD1 said:
Kinda agree there.:)
Although i do like to browse around to find any significant or impulse buys, rather than wait for delivery from online retailers.

Local press reports, that Edinburgh Princes St store is to be kept open.:smashin:

And ocean terminal

KBD1

Novice Member
And ocean terminal

Do not go there!!! Can't/refuse to park there, unless open car park, which is usually full any time we have passed.

The amount of numpties that use that multi storey car park is unbeilievable, but that's another story. Just bought a new car, definitely not going there.

Re HMV.
To tell you the truth, Ocean Terminal is well overated!!!. That's somebody coming from Leith.
Best wishes to staff at HMV. :smashin:

Steven

Senior Moderator
Every HMV is full of people...

Browsing to waste time without actually buying

tapzilla2k

Distinguished Member
I bought two items from my local HMV today, purely because I could not be bothered to order the stuff online.

HMV wise ? 60 stores or less via Hilco ? Will probably happen, given how they saved HMV in Canada.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom