HMV Taking pre-orders on Blu-ray Discs...16th oct

B7NTU

Go to the HMV.co.uk site as they have got many pre order titles for 16th oct releases. and HD-DVD Coming Soon also.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Well, if accurate, that is probably the UK 2006 BluRay titles then:
- Hostel
- Exorcism of Emily Rose
- SWAT
- Tears Of The Sun
- Hitch
- Gattaca
- A Knight's Tale
- XXX
- Kung Fu Hustle
- Stealth
- Ultraviolet
- Into The Blue

Not a bad initial batch although I can't say there are any there I would want. Price is much better than I expected though - £14 each :thumbsup: I assume 16th Oct is the UK release of the Samsung BDP1000 then...

amardilo

Distinguished Member
Sweeet.

I never saw "Kung Fu Hustle" when it had it's cinema run so I might get that and "A Knight's Tale" to start me off.

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
Into the Blue, release date 13/11/2006 also appears to be there, although for some reason it alternates with A Knights Tale in the list at the bottom...:confused:

EDIT: Good to see us actually seeming to get a good deal on price compared to the US... what next, they'll all be in VC-1?? :rotfl:

jensK

Novice Member
:cool:
With that sort of price 14£ on the first day. The last days of DVD coming quicker than I have ever thought. I would have thought that HD-DVD and Blue Ray DVD would be initially sold at 19..99/29.99£. So that come as a positive surprise.
I can’t wait to buy me a new hidef player after all.

dino2021

Am I missing something or are these just early release for the ps3 in Nov?

As BR is region coded and I thought I read that stand alone players wont be making it here till next year?

Cheers
Dino

lfletcher

List pretty much ties in with what was announced in France a week or two ago. Their initial batch included Hostel and Emily Rose for a 3/10 release. Also had the Da Vinci Code coming in November and Snatch and Layer Cake in December.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Am I missing something or are these just early release for the ps3 in Nov?

As BR is region coded and I thought I read that stand alone players wont be making it here till next year?
The Samsung BDP1000 will be released here at some stage - it could well be this year. So the October date could mark the official release date of that machine.

Top Bottom