Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HMV new BOGOF

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by LicensedTaximan, Oct 23, 2005.

1. LicensedTaximan

LicensedTaximan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +647
    Popped into the Oxford Street branch of HMV on Saturday and sales staff were only just putting out dvds that are in a new bogof offer. I don't think these offers are yet online, that's assuming that the offers are going to be available via the web.

Got some bargains, well I thought so of.....the two disc set of Oceans 11 & 12, two discer of Shrek 2, the two disc set of Funny girl & funny Lady and the two discer of The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou for £40 well just under, that's basically a fiver each disc.

Because I spent over £30 I was also able to use a £5 off voucher that was at the back of their new releases booklet that I had kept from last month for use this month (October) plus they were offering Batman Begins at £12.99 if you spent over the £30, so in effect with the fiver off voucher and the promo on Batty I got the new double disc Bat Begins dvd for £7.99, not bad. :thumbsup:

2. partyweb

partyweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
  3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +9,570
    Same old scam. Went into a HMV at the weekend and magically all the cheap £10 titles had shot up to £19.99.

Granted, you can get some bargains, but must catch a lot of people out thinking they are getting a bargin when they probably aren't.

4. TheDot

TheDot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Yea usual crap, makes me laugh everytime.

I noticed Out of Africa was £5.99 in sale - now its £19.99 and in BOGOF- wooooo thanks HMV!

5. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,082
    That's the main reason why i just don't bother with these sales any more. There are normally very few genuine bargains, especially given the cheap prices on the web.

6. LicensedTaximan

LicensedTaximan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +647
    Well I got reasonable buys as originally stated, although I do accept some of their sale items are not always that great. I tend to wait a while then get the dvds i'm hankering after in the sales, and lets face it on this occassion I did well with Batman Begins.