1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HMV new BOGOF

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by LicensedTaximan, Oct 23, 2005.

1. LicensedTaximan

LicensedTaximan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +506
    Popped into the Oxford Street branch of HMV on Saturday and sales staff were only just putting out dvds that are in a new bogof offer. I don't think these offers are yet online, that's assuming that the offers are going to be available via the web.

Got some bargains, well I thought so of.....the two disc set of Oceans 11 & 12, two discer of Shrek 2, the two disc set of Funny girl & funny Lady and the two discer of The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou for £40 well just under, that's basically a fiver each disc.

Because I spent over £30 I was also able to use a £5 off voucher that was at the back of their new releases booklet that I had kept from last month for use this month (October) plus they were offering Batman Begins at £12.99 if you spent over the £30, so in effect with the fiver off voucher and the promo on Batty I got the new double disc Bat Begins dvd for £7.99, not bad. :thumbsup:

2. partyweb

partyweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
  3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,360
    Same old scam. Went into a HMV at the weekend and magically all the cheap £10 titles had shot up to £19.99.

Granted, you can get some bargains, but must catch a lot of people out thinking they are getting a bargin when they probably aren't.

4. TheDot

TheDot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Yea usual crap, makes me laugh everytime.

I noticed Out of Africa was £5.99 in sale - now its £19.99 and in BOGOF- wooooo thanks HMV!

5. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    That's the main reason why i just don't bother with these sales any more. There are normally very few genuine bargains, especially given the cheap prices on the web.

6. LicensedTaximan

LicensedTaximan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +506
    Well I got reasonable buys as originally stated, although I do accept some of their sale items are not always that great. I tend to wait a while then get the dvds i'm hankering after in the sales, and lets face it on this occassion I did well with Batman Begins.