HMV Experience Today

brian s

Distinguished Member
They also charged different prices for the same item depending on where in the store you found the item. I went in once to buy the Original Capt Scarlet Series DVD boxset which I'd heard they had on offer for 14.99. I made a B-line for the TV section and there was one boxset priced at £70. I took it to the checkout, thinking it would come up at 14.99 but it checked out at £70. I told the assistant I'd heard they were selling them for 14.99, he checked it through again and said nope it's £70. I said I didn't want it and offered to put it back. As I went to put it back I noticed at the end of the aisle, a pile of the same boxset marked up at 14.99.

I've seen that happen as well. Did you get it at £14.99?

Bri

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
They've always stated that reduced/sale stock is ordered in especially at that price, and cannot reduce existing stock labelled at a higher price.

Odd, but there ya go.

True Romance

Distinguished Member
Surprised at the positive comments. Not been in a HMV for some time but never found them to be anything special. Often packed, apita to find the section you want and full of weirdos! For blurays and the like I'm sorry but price is key. So many online stores to buy from for much less than the high street. What's going to go wrong with a disc? Never had one that wouldn't work so no risk buying online. What advice would you need other than if they had an item in stock? Now for more expensive items (AV gear) I most certainty do use bricks and mortar shops for great technical advice and CS which is worth the sometimes extra few quid.

aprout

Distinguished Member
Price is always key, but even if you don't buy anything there's something about browsing in a real-life bricks & mortar store though that's infinitely more pleasurable than shopping online, even more so if you find a bargain.

Plus, for the OCD among us, you can check the condition of the cases before you buy, & with Arrow titles, you can see if they come with booklets... :D

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
I've seen that happen as well. Did you get it at £14.99?

Bri
Yes I came across a pile of boxsets priced at 14.99 on the end of the aisle.

They've always stated that reduced/sale stock is ordered in especially at that price, and cannot reduce existing stock labelled at a higher price.

Odd, but there ya go.
That might explain why I've had a few orders cancelled in the past where the etailer sent an email along the lines 'Your order has been cancelled because our distributor has informed us the item is no longer available'.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom