HMV - Eureka & Indicator

Evokazz

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just wondering now HMV are stopping to stock Eureka and Indicator titles, does anyone know if FOPP will continue to do so? I know their part of HMV, but often stock things HMV don't. Curious whether my local FOPP will have Irreversible LE in stock but don't want the long drive if it's a waste.

Apparently the buyer pee'd these labels off royally when they increased prices for a higher profit margin; charge the punter more, pay the labels less! After what happened with HMV over the years you'd think the new owner would have started with a clean slate and got rid of the people who crippled the business in the first place.

Seems a bit strange to me.

Those labels and HMV can't afford to be picky with whom they deal with in a shrinking market.

I wonder if there's more to the rumours along the lines of HMV not paying their bills will a couple of bankruptices in the recent past.

OK, imagine you sell your product for X but they only want to pay X/2 and charge the punter 3X. Why bother when you can sell to the punter at 2X and keep all the profits. It might be a shrinking market but its the same as condoning the actions of carpet baggers and those who cleared stocks of Trading Places and Golden Child at Christmas at 2 for £25 then flogged them on ebay at £30 each.

Indicator titles now back in HMV/Fopp stores and HMV online.

Welcomed back with a 2 for £15 deal on standard releases.

2FOR£15-Indicator- hmv

Attachments

• Indicator_HMV_Fopp.jpg
    Indicator_HMV_Fopp.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 62
Only in select HMV stores at the moment but could expand to more in future.

Only in select HMV stores at the moment but could expand to more in future.
AFAIK most of, if not all, Fopp stores got a top 100 list of titles, the majority of which are 2 for £15 whilst others are RRP of £15-30 because they're the original 1st print limited editions or boxsets; like the Colombia Noir collection and the Pemini Organisation. Either way it's a good thing, let's hope the Warner Premium collection keeps coming out, heard there might be some changes there. 🤔

AFAIK most of, if not all, Fopp stores got a top 100 list of titles, the majority of which are 2 for £15 whilst others are RRP of £15-30 because they're the original 1st print limited editions or boxsets; like the Colombia Noir collection and the Pemini Organisation. Either way it's a good thing, let's hope the Warner Premium collection keeps coming out, heard there might be some changes there. 🤔
Yeah all Fopp stores have Indicator but very few HMVs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom