HMV - Eureka & Indicator

Evokazz

Just wondering now HMV are stopping to stock Eureka and Indicator titles, does anyone know if FOPP will continue to do so? I know their part of HMV, but often stock things HMV don't. Curious whether my local FOPP will have Irreversible LE in stock but don't want the long drive if it's a waste.

DocSavage

Apparently the buyer pee'd these labels off royally when they increased prices for a higher profit margin; charge the punter more, pay the labels less! After what happened with HMV over the years you'd think the new owner would have started with a clean slate and got rid of the people who crippled the business in the first place.

IGC

Seems a bit strange to me.

Those labels and HMV can't afford to be picky with whom they deal with in a shrinking market.

I wonder if there's more to the rumours along the lines of HMV not paying their bills will a couple of bankruptices in the recent past.

DocSavage

OK, imagine you sell your product for X but they only want to pay X/2 and charge the punter 3X. Why bother when you can sell to the punter at 2X and keep all the profits. It might be a shrinking market but its the same as condoning the actions of carpet baggers and those who cleared stocks of Trading Places and Golden Child at Christmas at 2 for £25 then flogged them on ebay at £30 each.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom