HMV.co.uk

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Jordan, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Jordan

Jordan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

Saw the above on HMV.co.uk and tried to buy it but when I clicked 'add to bag' the price in the cart was the full price! I went back and tried it a few times just to check there wan't some sort of glitch but it was the same each time, so I sent them an Email...

Excuse the 'disgruntled common consumer' speak, was done in a bit of a rush ;)

I got this response...

On checking the site today, it now shows the full price of £21.99.

I'm sure that if you see something advertised in a shop as being a certain price, then the shop HAS to honour that price, but does it work for online shops too? Has anyone else had a similar issue with HMV?

Jordan

2. Johnny Thunder

Johnny Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Not sure about this Jordan, but I think it is worth pushing.
    Send them a copy of your proof (screenshot).
    Keep badgering them, you never know, they might let you
    have it just to shut you up.

Johnny.

3. sollas001

sollas001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Give your local council Trading Standards team a call - could be time to spend some of your Council Tax sub!

4. Jack-Deth

Jack-Deth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,341
    ..........hmmmm, not sure about this one, IIRC even in a store, a priced item is an "invitation to buy" and does not form part of a contract (legally speaking) However, if it was priced incorrectly I am sure in most cases you would be able to buy the product for the lower price. Think the same rules apply on the internet but I am not sure. Was there not an issue with Kodak mis-pricing Digital camera's at stupid prices and again I dont think they had a legal obligation to sell at the advertised price. But I could be wrong...............

5. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    There is also quite often a disclaimer at the bottom of a lot of adverts which usually reads "E&OE" which stands for "Errors & Omissions Excepted". This basically means that the retailer is not lagally obliged to honour the stated price if it is a genuine error or mistake. As Legion says the price listed is an "invitation to buy" and does not for part of a legal agreement until both parties have agreed that this is the price it will be sold at.