• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HMV are being silly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigy

Distinguished Member
last Saturday ordered Superman Returns HD DVD from them as it was £16.99.

Been pending since then saying "On Special order with our suppliers".

Now I notice this dvd is £26.99 on the website, I think they made a mistake and are hoping to make me cancel for waiting so long, can anyone who has ordered this on or after last Saturday confirm if they have received theirs?

Shows on the site as dispatched within 3-5 days, 7 days and still waiting.

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
dont cancel it, take snapshots of the basket.....send an email and ask them to get it moving :)

dan653

i've found hmv are nearly always this slow, dont worry you'll get it cheap, my guess 2 1/2 weeks

Praxidike

Banned
I think they've done that with one of my orders, just an SD, I ordered it at £11.99, and it was taking forever, I checked on their site and it had gone up to £17.99, so I harrassed them with an email (which they didn't respond to), but seem to have posted it to me now...

Craigy

Distinguished Member
dont cancel it, take snapshots of the basket.....send an email and ask them to get it moving :)

I wont, I have the film on standard DVD so I aint desperate to see it, you cant win with them, in store the prices are that over-inflated I wont shop there, online they are that slow.

The funny thing is I can walk into an HMV store tomorrow and pick up this film.

KevD

Distinguished Member
They have messed me around with a few orders recently, again "in Stock" when I place the order, the shifts to "on order". I have eventually just cancelled as they give no explanation and are v.slow responding to emails.

I have noticed one benifit though, I have ordered these using the vouchers that are about and it means I have been able to benifit from the voucher without, eventually, meeting the mininum spend requirements :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom