HMV and wii trouble

• Thread starter Deleted member 47247
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47247

Anybody having any trouble with HMV and wii pre orders. I got an email on thursday the 7th to say that they have taken the money for my wii pre order (ordered on 1 st Oct) and that it would be sent out by next day delivery. Now Wednesday the 13th still no wii. I phoned HMV and they said it was sent out on the 5th of December and i should allow upto 10 days delivery before i can complain even though i paid extra for next day delivery. They have refunded the extra i paid. When i check my online order status with HMV it says on special order with supplies anybody else havig any trouble ???

I used HMV pre-order and they were absolutely useless. They have no idea who is even delivering their orders, never mind where they are. When my order finally shipped it went to "Completely Shipped" on my account so unless it does that I wouldn't be confident it has even shipped.

I got a tracking number out of them eventually (Saturday) and when I was able to track things myself and call the delivery company things went pretty fast. (Incidentally they used a company called Lynx which was not what I had been told. My account said shipped by Royal Mail Special Delivery as did the first few customer service agents). I'd never use them again for any pre-orders, even though I eventually got my console (Monday afternoon).

Anybody having any trouble with HMV and wii pre orders. I got an email on thursday the 7th to say that they have taken the money for my wii pre order (ordered on 1 st Oct) and that it would be sent out by next day delivery. Now Wednesday the 13th still no wii. I phoned HMV and they said it was sent out on the 5th of December and i should allow upto 10 days delivery before i can complain even though i paid extra for next day delivery. They have refunded the extra i paid. When i check my online order status with HMV it says on special order with supplies anybody else havig any trouble ???

It hasn't shipped.

That email was to basically take your deposit. If you note the shipping email has DEP before the item. The person you spoke to basically has seen that e-mail and has told you what it looks like. i.e that it has shipped. You need to speak to someone who knows whats going on.

I ordered on 29 Sept and mine still hasn't moved from special order. Another guy on MSE has said he was 50th out of 250 preorders they have left to fulfill and he ordered on the 29th sept too.

I agree with you its a complete shambles. I cant say I expect to see this from them this side of Christmas. Ive got an order in with ebuyer which they are confident of supplying on Friday so maybe not all is lost for me. Ill ring them later tonight and report back what they said.

That sucks guys.

Just to rub it in, i called my nearest small HMV (nuneaton) at 4pm on the 7/12 and was playing mine by 10am on the 8th.

I must be lucky because i didnt pre-order an Xbox 360 and i managed to pick one up on launch day.

Ive also got a PS3.

Problem is i've got no time to play any of them!

My advice to everyone, DONT PRE ORDER. The actual chasing down of the console on launch day is often better than any of the launch games.

Ok i called again and asked to talk to the manager and it turns out it has not been sent to me. I was told they are expecting the second batch of WII on Monday and that my pre order will be sorted out then. So i should have it Tuesday. He also said that they only got half of what they ordered in the first batch and 80% of those went out to the shops and the online pre orders only got the remaining 20%. He said he was sorry and that there is nothing more he could do. Well at least he was honest with me

Anyone have any idea when hmv are getting more in...they change their story every day :mad:

It hasn't shipped.

That email was to basically take your deposit. If you note the shipping email has DEP before the item. The person you spoke to basically has seen that e-mail and has told you what it looks like. i.e that it has shipped. You need to speak to someone who knows whats going on.

I ordered on 29 Sept and mine still hasn't moved from special order. Another guy on MSE has said he was 50th out of 250 preorders they have left to fulfill and he ordered on the 29th sept too.

I agree with you its a complete shambles. I cant say I expect to see this from them this side of Christmas. Ive got an order in with ebuyer which they are confident of supplying on Friday so maybe not all is lost for me. Ill ring them later tonight and report back what they said.

hi i ordered a wii with hmv online in nov i have had no email of them or telphone call i did ring them they said i had no chance be4 christmas great

Just called HMV Oxford Street again...still no idea when they're getting a 2nd shipment in...but they reassured me I'll def get one next week- they'll say anything to stop you from cancelling your pre-order!

What's the betting that they put loads out on the shelves and say 'sorry your order will arrive in the next batch'? :mad:

Just called HMV Oxford Street again...still no idea when they're getting a 2nd shipment in...but they reassured me I'll def get one next week- they'll say anything to stop you from cancelling your pre-order!

What's the betting that they put loads out on the shelves and say 'sorry your order will arrive in the next batch'? :mad:

:rolleyes: Wouldn't surprise me, well according to them last week, hypothetically I should now be a proud wii owner as the second shipment should of been in this week and no later than today, funny how supermarkets, ToysRus, Amazon etc etc all seem to be getting a steady drip feed of wii's.

Just to balance some of the negativity towards HMV....I pre-ordered my Wii mid September and it did turn up on launch day....they even delivered it to my work address which is something they don't usually allow. I was well pleased with their service.

All I can say is there is a known shortage of Wiis, every retailer is affected and you can't really blame them for not wanting to loose orders. That is of course no excuse for poor customer service, but I don't think they're in the same league as play.com for taking on too may pre-orders.

If you need one in a hurry, it might be worth checking out ebuyer. They only put the console up for sale when they have stock...they have a pretty active forum on the subject too. Actually when I was after a PSP last year, the best place to get one turned out to be my local Game....actually going into the shop to speak to staff about deliveries was by far the most successful way.

Just to balance some of the negativity towards HMV....I pre-ordered my Wii mid September and it did turn up on launch day....they even delivered it to my work address which is something they don't usually allow. I was well pleased with their service.

All I can say is there is a known shortage of Wiis, every retailer is affected and you can't really blame them for not wanting to loose orders. That is of course no excuse for poor customer service, but I don't think they're in the same league as play.com for taking on too may pre-orders.

If you need one in a hurry, it might be worth checking out ebuyer. They only put the console up for sale when they have stock...they have a pretty active forum on the subject too. Actually when I was after a PSP last year, the best place to get one turned out to be my local Game....actually going into the shop to speak to staff about deliveries was by far the most successful way.

It still seems a bit deplorable when at the midnight launch at their main store on Oxford street here in London they got 200 extra free sell consoles from Nintendo which went to people who signed up and reserverd them earlier that day. Those could have gone to 200 of their pre orders that haven't been fulfilled yet.

Errrr they initially sent me a "sorry we cant guarantee your Wii for launch" email and then a week later, sometime in October, sent me a "congratulations we can guarantee your wii and we will try to get it to you on launch date." e-mail.

I then got a e-mail on the 7th Dec to say Im not getting one. I ordered in September too. They have never taken down the preorder button either so god knows how many orders they have if they cannot honour my September order.

Good for you but they sent me a guaranteed email and now they are not getting me a wii. I missed out on other sources of wii's because of that email.

Id say they are on par with the play.com mess to be honest. If not worse.

Has anybody had any movement on accessories with HMV. I've had a nunchuck on pre-order for a while, as well as an RGB cable and there has been no movement whatsoever.

I'm now thinking of going down to my local toys r us tomorrow and seeing if i can get one. What do you guys think ???. I have been told HMV will have the second batch on Monday but to be honest i don't trust them at all with the amout of out and out lies i have been told. I have an address to write to and complain i can post it up if anybody else wants to do the same. I know they haven't had as many as they wanted from nintendo but im disgusted with the fact that all the people that pre ordered way back in September (1st of October in my case) have been left waiting while people who have gone down to a HMV shop the day before or on release day have got one. I'm even more annoyed that they have now taken my money and still can't guarantee when exactly i will have one.

I'm even more annoyed that they have now taken my money and still can't guarantee when exactly i will have one.

Im not 100% sure but isnt there a law against that? They are getting interest on your money , money you should be getting interest on. And how many poeples money have they got? :eek:

I'm now thinking of going down my local toys r us tomorrow and seeing if i can get one. What do you guys think ???. I have been told they will have the second batch on Monday but to be honest i don't trust them at all with the amout of out and out lies i have been told. I have an address to write to and complain i can post it up if anybody else wants to do the same. I know they haven't had as many as they wanted from nintende but im disgusted with the fact that all the people that have pre ordered was back in September (1st of October in my case) have been left waiting while people who have gone down to a HMV shop the day before or on release day have got one. I'm even more annoyed that they have now taken my money and still can't guarantee when exactly i will have one.

Yes please, could you PM that address thanks.

Well I thought just on the off chance I'd ring the HMV I had preordered from and my one had come in this morning :thumbsup: (I'd only given them my work number as the contact number....doh!!!) about a 3 hour round trip to pick it up, but worth it

Mine still says special order too

This is getting really annoying now

HMV have hit a new low now. Just got an email off them saying my pre order has now been canceled and that i have not been charged as payment is only taken when the order is dispatched. Firstly why has it been canceled ??? secondly they have already taken payment they took it on the 7th December aaarrggghhhhhh i hate this company

HMV have hit a new low now. Just got an email off them saying my pre order has now been canceled and that i have not been charged as payment is only taken when the order is dispatched. Firstly why has it been canceled ??? secondly they have already taken payment they took it on the 7th December aaarrggghhhhhh i hate this company

Dear me, ridiculous, I take it you have not found a console elsewhere?

My order is still standing as of today. I guess mine will go the same way, I've found one already anyway so not such a problem for me.

Sorry to say this but they just shipped mine, ordered 29th Sept. You must have just missed the cutoff. :(

had an email off HMV last night saying it has been sent and another email this morning saying it has been delayed all this after they have said they have canceled my order. I have no idea whats going on now

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom