• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hmmmn - how to turn something USB into something bluetooth

trumps

Right

I have an iMac in my bedroom and a Mac Mini connected to my TV in the front room.

I have a Wacom Intuos 4 A4 graphics tablet that connects to my iMac through USB.

What I am looking for, is some sort of solution, for me to bring the tablet into the living room, and connect it to the Mac Mini, wirelessly.

The Mac Mini sits up in an AV rack, so wired is not an option.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Iccz

Distinguished Member
The reason your device has USB is because it requires power :smashin:

If you want a wireless tablet I'm afraid you'll have to invest in one, Wacom do make Bluetooth ones but obviously there is a big cost here.

trumps

The reason your device has USB is because it requires power :smashin:

If you want a wireless tablet I'm afraid you'll have to invest in one, Wacom do make Bluetooth ones but obviously there is a big cost here.

I know I know…………

Was thinking of a USB to Mains power pack, coupled with something to transmit the signal to the mac.

A bit outthere I know, but in the offchance something like it existed I thought I'd ask!

The wireless wacoms aren't as good as the Intuos range, so doubt I'd spend extra getting a lesser model, just so I can draw on people I don't like when watching the telly. :p

Iccz

Distinguished Member
If it needs power then you'll be running a cable to it anyway, so why not just get a long enough USB extension cable?

It's worth pointing out USB can only go 5 meters before requiring a powered hub/extender, you can extend every 5 meters using a maximum of 5 extenders, gives you a total of 30 meters. They are of course just the recommended guidelines.

trumps

If it needs power then you'll be running a cable to it anyway, so why not just get a long enough USB extension cable?

cos the mac is across the other corner of the room, at the top of an av unit 7ft off floor level, not exactly a discreet solution, but one ill need to consider probably!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom