Hmmmm

BlueMan

Standard Member
Reaction score
OK, so I'll win the prize for being banned quickest from this forum but there is a principle at stake here....so don't close this thread!

What is the difference between identifying faults with a retailer vs faults with a manufacturer? I don't see you deleting the posts relating to product faults or the way they are handled by manufacturers. What gives?

In any event, the post in question was asking how to obtain redress for a faulty product and provided enough 'evidence' to suggest that perhaps the retailer was not acting reasonably. That is not for us to judge at this stage. Perhaps it would be better to leave the post there and wait for the outcome to be added.

Unfortunately you have also removed my perfectly reasonable and generic advice on how to seek redress. That is a loss to everyone who hasn't already trodden that unfortunate path and may not know what to do.Perhaps you would be so kind as to reinstate that text.

I thought I had found an interesting and informative forum but perhaps all is not what it seems?

Blue

Thank you for the advice which I managed to read just before deletion.

I tried to keep to my understanding of forum rules, I obviously misunderstood.

I do understand that its a difficult job running these forums so I accept the decision.
Although having spent half an hour typing I was a little gutted:mad:

I have seen this sort of thing crop up a number of times on here now and I really dont want anyone to get angry or banned because of a thread I started.

Once again, thank you for the advice Blue:)

I feel i had justifiable reason to delete the original thread.I have explained to the author of the post why i did so.I feel no more explanation is required.May i also remind you that i invited you to send me a pm if you felt the need for discusion.

Yes, you did invite me to pm you. I didn't because I wanted you to have the opportunity to clarify your 'rules' for everyone. I don't want to start a war here, after all it is your turf not mine. However, I really would like to understand what is ok and what is not before deciding whether to hang around here.

Is that unreasonable? I hope not.

Oh, and I did read the forum rules when I signed up and I do appreciate the legal difficulties that surround you. A clear explanation, especially if it makes its way into the rules, should cut down on this kind of noise which I am sure you would appreciate.

End of subject as far as I am concerned.

Enjoy the dinner ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom