1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hmmm ga5e....ga3e

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by gpc1, Dec 15, 2004.

1. gpc1

gpc1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK… time to face facts…im never gonna get a 32ga3e. So it may well have to be a 32ga5e. :blush: :mad: :suicide:

So..my question is ( I have been following this forum and relating threads but there is a lot of info to digest)

What is the prob with the ga5. What are the differences to the ga3/4 and are they really that much of an inferior mode. :confused:

WOULD YOU BUY ONE???

Or would you go for something else? :thumbsup:

Regards
    Gpc1

2. rnsdm001

rnsdm001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the difference is GA5 does not have detachable speakers. It does not have this HDMI facility that sky are going to use in 2006, just has normal scart input instead.

...I believe!

3. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    so really totally pointless buying it why bring a new model out that is lacking such inputs really it is a backward step for sharp,i wont be buying one

4. deep_thought

deep_thought
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my 32GA4E yesterday but have to admit deciding factor was my wife and I had promised each other to get it before Christmas. Otherwise I would have waited to see how prices settled down with more stock availability in the new year. Main things which would mark down the GA5 relate to it's future use. i.e when I hook up to an amp want to be able to ditch speakers: don't want to hang speakers on the wall: expect LCD to last indefinitely so I want max connectivity even if it's only a third TV or computer monitor in 5 years. didn't think a tilt and swivel stand was a big deal until I wanted to turn it round so I could iron some shirts while watching CSI last night.
    So in other circumstances I would have waited and got some good demos and seen how much cheaper it was than the 32PF9986 and kept watching for people's reports here!

5. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The fact it's a GA5 and not a GA3/4 !! I like(d) the GA3/4 models for the thin bexel and no speakers also for the DVI input - very useful for Sky's HDTV in 2006.

The panel will be the same technology so in theory you should be able to get the same PQ as a GA3/4, I suppose people are just disgruntled because it's not as good.

Blame the people in Sharp who decided how many to manufacture. They got the figures completely wrong !

Richie.

6. asm495

asm495
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had an order for a LC37GA3E which fell through. I found a few places with them in stock but at £600 more than my original order - I refuse to stump up that amount at extra. Now I'm just going to wait things out - I figure next year a new model will come along which will meet my requirements (37", 1366x768 and DVI) and hopefully be cheaper too. I'm in no rush to buy and I'm not going to be forced into paying through the nose because of Sharp's cock up.