Hmmm, cannot reach this page

tony nevitt

Established Member
Reaction score
As the title says, this is the message I have been getting for the last few days. I know I am connected to the internet, and I never touch the router as it is upstairs in spare bedroom and I am downstairs on laptop. Is anyone else having this problem, and if so, do you know how to solve it. I could ring VM, but I don't want to end up in a queue which will frustrate me even more, though if no-one has any answers on here, I will have to. TIA.

I have been on to VM about www.hypnia.com I just couldn't access it on my pc or my tablet, it turns out that hypnia have blocked VM from accessing it, bizarre, anyhow what I have to do is put the router into MODEM Mode and it will access it than put back into router mode when I have finished, bonkers!!!

I can access the website on my mobile data, hey ho, it may just be the same with you, try it.

I have been on to VM about www.hypnia.com I just couldn't access it on my pc or my tablet, it turns out that hypnia have blocked VM from accessing it, bizarre, anyhow what I have to do is put the router into MODEM Mode and it will access it than put back into router mode when I have finished, bonkers!!!

I can access the website on my mobile data, hey ho, it may just be the same with you, try it.

It sounds like hypnia have just put a block on your IP address, when you put the superhub in modem mode - it will give you a different IP address to the one in router mode, when you go back to router mode you'll be back on the IP address hypnia have blocked.

VM Tech said it was they who have been blocked, not me, why would I, I have purchased from them in the past and had no returns or problems, I do not understand why you would say that?

VM Tech said it was they who have been blocked, not me, why would I, I have purchased from them in the past and had no returns or problems, I do not understand why you would say that?
Because using modem mode still uses an IP address assigned to VM. It could be that IP address currently assigned (aka leased) to you was previously used against Hypnia. VM Tech could do a number of things to help you they've chosen not to help.
You could try a VPN or a browser such as Opera which has a free builtin VPN. This will hide your IP address.

Last edited:
Ok I have opera and I have found that VPN option and It works fine as you say, good thanks.

What could VM do then and I will call them up again and ask them to sort it out.

Ok I have opera and I have found that VPN option and It works fine as you say, good thanks.

What could VM do then and I will call them up again and ask them to sort it out.

I'm not sure what VM could do ref: your banned IP by hypnia, you may do best contacting hypnia and explaining the situation to them and asking how the IP ban came into place on their system, plus could you remove it please :)

I'm not sure what VM could do ref: your banned IP by hypnia, you may do best contacting hypnia and explaining the situation to them and asking how the IP ban came into place on their system, plus could you remove it please :)
IMO they should do everything you suggested. It shouldn't be left to the customer, after all they are the service provider. You would think they would also investigate why the IP address has been blocked as there could be someone abusing their network.
The least they could do is remove the blocked IP address from the DHCP list and make sure a different IP is assigned to the OP.

IMO they should do everything you suggested. It shouldn't be left to the customer, after all they are the service provider. You would think they would also investigate why the IP address has been blocked as there could be someone abusing their network.
The least they could do is remove the blocked IP address from the DHCP list and make sure a different IP is assigned to the OP.

But it is not Virgin who have blocked the IP address, hypnia have blocked the IP address and Virgin have no control on how hypnia run their own business?. If a ISP renewed IP's for people who have got themselves banned from places - it would create hell for all party's :)

@Inferno
This is not aimed at you, your ban was most probably a mistake by hypnia or some ban on a range of IP's and yours was in the middle :-(

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom