HMDI switcher

simonblue

Distinguished Member
Hi

Need an HMDI switcher, which one is best ?

HMDI lead coming out of TV, then into splitter, for plugging in an Sony PS3 and Nintendo Switch for best P/Q, inc 60 Hz and 1080p,but in case Nintendo upgrade their Switch up to say 4K 60 Hz,one that would cover that as well..

Any advise would be great thanks,also any pitfall doing this way ?

Thanks

:)

Last edited:

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
I think you want a switch rather than a splitter. Spiltters feed a single input to multiple displays, switches switch multiple devices to a single input on one display. Just thought it worth mentioning as it might make your search easier.

Upvote 0

outoftheknow

Hi

Need an HMDI splitter, which one is best ?

HMDI lead coming out of TV, then into splitter, for plugging in an Sony PS3 and Nintendo Switch for best P/Q, inc 60 Hz and 1080p,but in case Nintendo upgrade their Switch up to say 4K 60 Hz,one that would cover that as well..

Any advise would be great thanks,also any pitfall doing this way ?

Thanks

:)
As above you need a switch and to be honest virtually any will do at 4K/60 - that is HDMI 2.0 territory and they are widely available and cheap as chips. For two inputs and one output (the cable to the TV is a TV input) I would look for one that doesn’t need mains power and auto switches. So you power on the device you want to use and that is the source. Other one power off and away you go. “Best” isn’t really a term I would use or worry about for a 2 input and 1 output HDMI switch. Many do though so searching for the term gives many sites like this

Upvote 0

simonblue

Distinguished Member
As above you need a switch and to be honest virtually any will do at 4K/60 - that is HDMI 2.0 territory and they are widely available and cheap as chips. For two inputs and one output (the cable to the TV is a TV input) I would look for one that doesn’t need mains power and auto switches. So you power on the device you want to use and that is the source. Other one power off and away you go. “Best” isn’t really a term I would use or worry about for a 2 input and 1 output HDMI switch. Many do though so searching for the term gives many sites like this

Thanks,found last night that i have an old Pure one,it was expensive at the time,only think it does up to 1080p.
Will have a look at your list link :)

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom