HMDI Laptop for under £550

skinner05

Anyone know of an laptops which have an HDMI socket for under £550. Also looking for 200+ hard drive, 3g of ram and processor of 2.0 or higher and a half decent graphics card so dvd's play ok. Possible for £550?

cheers

Wing Co

I have Samsung Q210 @£550 from Save on Samsung. HDMI to tv is good and also sound easy to use. Got 5M HDMI cable form EBay so form sofa to tv is easy.
I like the finish, build quality and speed of start up. The rest is all standard stuff.
Delivery from Save on Samsung is excellent. Ordered 4.30pm arrived 1000am next day.

tvdavid

Casshern89

Just bought one from currys.

£500

samsung
2ghz duel core
only 160 hd
but has hdmi
4gb ram
runs really quick and is nice to use

rich19754

I have just bought a Dell XPS 1530 from Dell Outlet - T8100 2.1Ghz Duo Core 2, 320GB, 4GB ram, bluetooth, web cam, remote, NVIDIA 8600 GT 256MB, HDMI etc - all for £513 delivered

It turned up as new without a mark on it. Would defo recomend the outlet.

I was looking for one a while back with what your asking, decent cpu/graphics, HDMI, decent sound/looks and cheap..

It's discontinued but have a look for the HP DV2815/2810, it's around £550

neil29

I have just bought a Dell XPS 1530 from Dell Outlet - T8100 2.1Ghz Duo Core 2, 320GB, 4GB ram, bluetooth, web cam, remote, NVIDIA 8600 GT 256MB, HDMI etc - all for £513 delivered

You got VERY lucky then, as there's none at that spec anywhere near that price now before VAT. I'd buy that right now if it came up again.

rich19754

You got VERY lucky then, as there's none at that spec anywhere near that price now before VAT. I'd buy that right now if it came up again.

I bought when it was free delivery and then £55 off. Dont forget that the £55 does not come off until you tick the box in checkout. You have to sit and wait and keep refreshing the page as the good deals are gone within about 30 secs of them appearing.

symbian

I bought when it was free delivery and then £55 off. Dont forget that the £55 does not come off until you tick the box in checkout. You have to sit and wait and keep refreshing the page as the good deals are gone within about 30 secs of them appearing.

You mean you got a code to get discount or is this done automatically by promotion. That makes me interested to buy one but I would like to know if I buy just a normal Inspiron notebook that it has HDMI out, would it be able to handle HD content? I have HD DVD XBOX player and I would like to get HD sound to my amp. XPS is tempting but I can afford it at the moment.

gad

Standard Member
Samsung R700 - £599 from J Lewis with 2 years guarantee. Website says out of stock but some stores have them and they ship for free. I'm getting one from their Edinburgh branch. Will also price match.

neil29

Just got the exact same deal from the outlet. :thumbsup: Hope it's a good-un!!!

£512.90 for that spec is great.

p.s. what warranty do you get when ordering from the outlet?

neil29

Medion P6612 from Aldi (from 30 October 08)
Just a shade over 550, but a fab laptop - bought one myself this morning :thumbsup:
ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 30th October 2008

I do a hell of a lot of work for Aldi, and I know that a large number of these laptops get returned with one fault or another. Having said that, if you do get a working one, it's a great deal. And if it is a dodgy one, at least there's the 3 year warranty. I currently own 2 Medion computers myself (laptop and desktop), both of which perform fine, but look cheap. I just thought I'd try out the Dell XPS, as it looks awesome as well as being a top performer.

tvdavid

I do a hell of a lot of work for Aldi, and I know that a large number of these laptops get returned with one fault or another. Having said that, if you do get a working one, it's a great deal. And if it is a dodgy one, at least there's the 3 year warranty. I currently own 2 Medion computers myself (laptop and desktop), both of which perform fine, but look cheap. I just thought I'd try out the Dell XPS, as it looks awesome as well as being a top performer.

Thats a great laptop.
IF we had an Aldi I would buy and sell my Sony one.
but there no shops round here.

Shame you cannot order it from the web site.

sneeks

I ordered a Dell Inspiron 1525 from the Outlet store today. 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 4gb RAM, 320gb HDD, 2MP Web Cam and all for only £390 delivered. This laptop also has a HDMI port.

Last edited:

insom13

Hi!

Can u gives to link pls?i`ve looked google but it gives me dell usa outlet address.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 36193

Bought a Dell 1525 from Tesco for £379, and got a laptop bag with their own antivirus, office, two other programs, 25 Kodak DVD-R, and mouse for £15 at the same time. It was a couple of months ago though. Intel Dual Core processor, 120gB, and HDMI makes it dead easy to use with LCD TV.

Just got a PS3, so I will use this for my region 1 SD discs-but does it upscale them via HDMI?

Nathan Brazil

Do any owners of the Samsung Q210 know if it's possible to replace the pre-loaded Vista with Windows XP?

What I'm slightly concerned about in doing this, is if there are components for which drivers are not available on the supplied CD, or elsewhere. I tried the Samsung website, but that is all flash and not much in the way of solid information.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom