• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question HLG on 2016 LG E6

barrywi

Established Member
w
Will HLG be downloaded onto my LG 2016 E6 as a firmware update?

Rob F1UK

Established Member
Pretty sure I read over on the AVS forums that the HLG update for the E6 had been released in Korea, as US owners with the E6P have been installing it...

Hopefully should mean it's on its way worldwide in the near future.

wxman2003

Prominent Member
Pretty sure I read over on the AVS forums that the HLG update for the E6 had been released in Korea, as US owners with the E6P have been installing it...

Hopefully should mean it's on its way worldwide in the near future.
The newest Korean version does not trigger HDR mode with any of the HLG files. Those same files do on the newest Sony TV's. So as of right now, HLG still does not work on the 2016 models. To be fair, the 2017 LG OLEDS have yet to receive a FW update for HLG either.

Yappa

Prominent Member
LG also confirmed 2 years ago at CES that the 2015 models would get webOS 2.5. That never happened. I have serious doubts HLG will be delivered to the 2016 models.
Did LG promise webOS 2.5? I don't rememember any promise like that.

raymondo77

Distinguished Member
Another petition?!

Consoled

Novice Member
I have 2016 C6 and tested HLG sample video and it displays the logo. Honestly, I wish the TV and film industry would just agree on one standard and be done with it.

I really hating we have so many different formats and then consumers suffer because we buy some products but not all of them support every single freaking format...this goes for audio too!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom