1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HL2 in 2005?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by CENSORED, Apr 20, 2004.

1. CENSORED

CENSORED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "We've already spent millions into this project, and we're willing to spend as much as we need to make this the best first-person experience ever. If that means delaying the game to 2005, we'll do it without any hesitation.

If it means sinking another USD 20 million into the project, we can do it. Rest assured, if we delay the game, it'll be only to blow your socks off even more when it finally releases."

Gabe Newell 04/04.

2. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,831
    What! Do they not realise that technology moves on and even if they do release it next year they could still do a much better version 5 years down the line! It won't be the best 1st person game ever as i'm sure HL3, HL4, HL5 etc etc will surpass it.

That quote just doesn't make sense as by that logic they will never release the game! Perhaps that's it, maybe HL2 is just one big hoax that will never be released lol.

Whilst I admire them for wanting to get the game right prior to release, unlike some of the (almost still at BETA stage) crap that some companies churn out, I would also like to play this game someday soon.