1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HL2 cleans up

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Synchronicity, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
  2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,130
    Still think Halo2 is the better game. :lesson:

3. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Deservedly so

Well Done HL2 Great game

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Well thats one opinion i guess. :devil: You do know that the 'end' of Halo2 is utter pish.

Very hard to find out any sort of info from last nights awards, the only other place that i can find with any coverage is the BBC! Gaming BAFTA
    and betamac i agree, deservedly so too

5. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,130

Yes almost as pish as the end of HL2.

6. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now Now

No need to fight :)

Everyone has there own oppinions its just the Games awards can only share 1 of them and they are on half life 2 Side

Personly i have not played Halo 2 and dont want to either to be onest

7. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Thats a fair point :) Its a shame that these game creators go to such lengths to create such good games that look amazing, have great naratives etc and really really :censored: up the ending. They should look at getting a film screenwriter in or something to give games 'proper' endings.

8. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont spoil it lol i have not reached the end yet :)

9. vizslaraner

vizslaraner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My son decided to splash a little of his hard earned cash on HL2 so I thought I'd take a peek.

Frankly, regardless of the quality of the production (though I have found a few glitches) I think the "one man against the world" format has become somewhat clichéd. It's tired, stale and, dare I say it, boring. I do concede though, my age may be against me here.

10. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,130
    Cliffhanger endings are fine if you are going to get the next part at some point in the next 12 months . Not so good if you are looking at a 3 year gap!

And I still think HL2 is not very challenging especially compared to HL1 . Its just too easy.
    Halo2 gets my vote because its not a walk in the park...you have to play against it not along with it.

11. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    HL2 isn't anywhere near as good as HL1.

Halo 2 is vastly superior! :thumbsup:

12. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am finding Half Life 2 challenging enough for me, i guess challenging is dependant on how good you are at gaming i am playing on "Normal" and its fine, any harder and it would just annoy me as i hate getting stuck on certain parts for ages, i like to enjoy the gaming experience not get fed up when i cant get passed somewhere, but everyone has different requirements

Its pretty much a sure fire bet that XBOX owners are going to say Halo 2 is better and PC owners are going to say Half life 2 is better

Before anyone says i own both and so and so is better i mean that statement in general terms

Halo 1 and 2 are maybe awesome console FPS games but there average PC FPS IMO,.

13. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    I must agree that I thought that HL2 was amazing! I'm a nightmare for not finishing games these days (generally I play them for a few hours and they go back on the shelf!) but HL2 kept me playing until the (albeit rather abrupt) end.

I never finished HL1 and have yet to finish Halo 2 and personally feel that HL2 is quite a bit better than them both. This isn't really because Halo2 is that hard (on heroic anyway) just that it hasn't pulled me back to it in quite the same way HL2 did.

Oh and I own a PC & all of the consoles (as I thought that most on here do) and I don't really see the point in judging a game by the platform it's on. Generally though (unless you can be arsed to buy an adaptor, mouse & Keyboard for use on the X-Box - as I couldn't be bothered unplugging my PC ones each time) the controls for an X-Box FPS are pretty poor.

Halo 2 is a decent game with good AI but graphically it's average and I simply do not enjoy playing an FPS with a pad (even though I can and am rather proficient at it) as much as I do with a mouse & keyboard. HL2 sucked me in with superb characters, locations & an intriguing storyline. When added to amazing graphics, fantastic physics system and great control system we were left with a game that not only looked amazing but was a pleasure to play through. :thumbsup:

14. Obuggrit

Obuggrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Burnout 3 on the PS2 and Prince of Persia: Warrior Withing on the GC? They both deserve awards do they? I don't think so.