1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HK5500 Help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by JT, Apr 3, 2003.

1. JT

JT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Bored on Sunday I decided to set up L7 + DPLII with my SPL and Ultimate DVD Platinum. Vol -15 SPL 75. The front speakers large BW603, center small cc6 and rears small, sub setting is L+R/LFE. The ezset was not far off.

I've already done this with DD + DTS way back in April 02 when I first bought it, so the DTS Neo:6 was also set, this seems to be linked to the main DTS levels, change one it changes the other.

So now for some help, when I listen to a source via L7 & DPLII cinema/movie the sound level are the same however neo6 seems to lack bass/depth.

All 3 set to music mode and the levels are the same

Any one know why or is this a known trait?

L7 is best anyway

2. Rolo Tomasi

Rolo Tomasi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    On my receiver (8500), the opposite seems to be the case i.e Neo6 has alot more bass than either L7 or DPLII.

I don't know if it is relevant but I set my speaker levels by ear then used the ezset. The results were quite different. By ear, the front speaker levels needed increasing but by ezset they needed decreasing!