1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HK player help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Synchronicity, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Had my new HK 2550 delivered today from Home Cinema Heaven,pretty quick I must say,only ordered it 2 days ago:smashin:

I didnt have time to get stuck into the set up before I came to work but managed to get it all connected.When I tried playing a dvd everything was sort of pink:confused: I didnt want to start going into the menus and tweaking or Id have never made it to work:p

Obviously Ill be getting stuck into the set up when I get home later but Im sitting here wondering if I have a dodgy player:( does anyone know any reasons for it to do this?(o and when I say pink,I mean everything is really PINK).

I did try a cd,and the sound is EXCELLENT!My neighbours are really not going to like me very much at all:blush:
    Cheers
    JB

2. Crocodile JD

Crocodile JD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    sounds as though you need to change the video settings. If you have s-video sellected for example, but you have component connections made, everything is green until you select component video out. It may well be the same effect with different selections/connections.

HTH

Cheers

Croc

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Happens on our demo DVD25 when player is in in wrong output for cables ie Component over S-video cable Assuming you are using Component PS set players menu and all should be fine!

4. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Cheers lads,I thought(hoped) it would just be something like that :smashin:

Cheers for reccomending it Horny,lol,its probably worth the £250 even if I only used it as a cd player:clap: excellent sound!

Shows you how far things have progressed,my old Toshiba cost over 400 quid a few years ago and this player kicks its ass in every way:smashin:

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    SO have you sorted it then Jason?
    I am glad you like it it they turned out to be duff i could see you and Croc having a 'good ole fashion dragon slayin'!
    Its nice when people are happy!

6. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Im still stuck in work so still havent had a chance to check the set up yet(I really do think thats all it is tho)but imo the sound was excellent and I would be happy with this just as a cd player,the fact that it plays films too is a bonus:rotfl:

7. Crocodile JD

Crocodile JD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Remember you have a video bypass when in CD mode as well. V-OFF on your remote :smashin:

Croc

8. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Had a little 5 minute tweak in the settings when I got in last night,and it was exactly what you said,set to s-video.

All I can say is I was happy with my Z2 before,but now ITS PROPER BO I TELL THEE!:smashin:

Cant really find a fault with it....errr,maybe it looks a bit cheap(looks exactly like my m8s 50 quid player:rolleyes: ).Thanks to you folks who reccomended it,:hiya:
    Cheers
    JB
    :smashin: