Hk monolith plus high gain vs low gain

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 5.1.2 setup. My subwoofer is attached to avr.

However in a bit confused as I have a high level gain knob and a low level gain knob.

For now I’ve set the low gain to about 12 o clock and the high gain is at minimum.

Is this the right position?

How have you got the sub connected to the AVR?
If it's just connected to the LFE out using an RCA that's fine, do you use a High Gain connection too?

If your receiver is connected by LFE to the sub to it's right channel by single RCA. You should put the high level gain to zero is you don't use the high level inputs. The gain is then controlled by the low level gain. Phase should be set to 0 and the frequency contour should be set to it's maximum position marked LFE.

Assuming you have your AVR connected via an RCA cable I don't think it makes any difference where the high level gain control is set as you aren't using the high level input. It is the low level gain that will affect your sub output. 12 o'clock sounds high to me but I don't use my Monolith with an AVR and so others will be better placed to comment.

12 o'clock sounds high to me
The OP uses a Denon X3300 according to his signature so Audyssey would be looking to work within a reading of -12dB to +12dB. With a setting of 12 o'clock this seems far too high and would be outside that window that the receiver can effectively control. The ideal setting should be a reading of 0dB but anything between -6dB to +6dB would be more acceptable. I suggest a setting of 10 o'clock or lower.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom