1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

HK dvd506 ir HK DV 25?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dan_wade, Jan 11, 2004.

1. dan_wade

dan_wade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was set on getting the HK DV25, as i thought the only other HK near that price was the DV30, at £350.

The DVD506 looks great, better sound dec than the dvd25, and it also plays dvd media, so i should be able to stick all my mp3 onto a dvd with my burner, right? It seems to be only 30 quid more too than the dvd25.

Does anyone here own a HK 560 model? It does support pal/ntsc progressice scan, but is it multiregion for sure?

Is the 560 any better video quality?

Cheers,
    Dan.

2. dan_wade

dan_wade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any thoughts?
    Was gonna buy one of the units tomorrow?

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    DAN 506 has different DACS to the 25/2550 but i think thats about it really. I am pretty sure it is PAL & NTSC prog scan, as for MR that will depend on where you buy it from mate.
    DVD30 is a 25 with DVD-A playback and the accosiated 6 channel output.
    Sorry i cant be more specific but if you are buying from a dealer they should be able to answer all your queries
    Regards HD

4. dan_wade

dan_wade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers fella, got the special edition 2550. I was told that the dvd25/30 has now been discontinued. There are ofcourse lots aorund, but HK wont be making anymore. Also got my AE500 projector from the same place today! Should be a good combination!

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    DVD25 on the Z1/Z2 are great so should look great with panny Think Croc JD has a 2550 with a panny PJ so might be worth asking him for a few tips etc.

6. Jason Jackson

Jason Jackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone tested the 506 with RCE disks yet?