1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HK DVD25 upgrade latest version???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pullman, Jul 25, 2003.

1. pullman

pullman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Could someone tell me which is the latest version of the files used to upgrade the Harman Kardon DVD25 to region freedom and PAL prog scan?

The files in the zip archive on the Apache website are from 4 April 2002 and 17 September 2002, respectively.

Thanks very much in advance

2. Domdom

Domdom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am interested too ... I have tested that version and was not that impressed ... I still find the interlaced mode a lot sharper with my Sanyo Z1 ... on PAL DVDs of course ... with NTSC ... progressive is excellent!

Any comments ... ?

3. Bada Bing

Bada Bing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    You're joking, right?

I'm running the most recent firmware and on both PAL and NTSC Progressive Scan it's astounding.

4. PEHowland

PEHowland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Possible daft question, but ...

I've just upgraded my DVD-25 to the Region Free and PAL Progressive firmware. However, this was purely for reasons of "future proofing" my player - I don't yet have a progressive-scan capable TV or any "foreign" DVD's. My question, therefore, is how can I quickly check whether my player is now, indeed, region free and PAL Progressive capable? Any clues in the setup menus??

Thanks,

Paul

ps. Related question: I perhaps foolishly didn't bother hooking up the DVD player via composite whilst upgrading, but kept it on S-Video. I inserted the update CD, hit "up" to start the update and then, whilst the update happened, I got a lot of flickerning on my screen and couldn't read much. Eventually however, the machine went into standby. I assume this is correct - or was I meant to answer any further questions or press anymore buttons whilst the flickering was happening??! (It looked as if the DVD player went into progressive mode whilst the update was happening).

5. pullman

pullman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul,
    I haven't looked to thoroughly in the menus and I also do not have any R1 discs yet. However, after the upgrade I am now able to set the Scan type to progressive and the TV standard or whatever it's called to PAL, which doesn't render an image on my TV (which cannot display PAL progressive signals) so I believe all went well for me.

And no, there were no other questions to answer. The player only puts itself in standby and then it's done.

Hope it helps
    philip