1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HK DVD25 MP3 Playback

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Sharring, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Sharring

Sharring
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

Harmon Kardon DVD25

I am trying to play MP3 files burned to CDR however the player refuses to play approx 25% of the files.
    It seems to try to read the file, thinks about it for a second or so then moves on to the next track :(

I've looked to see if there are any differences between the files that play and the ones that don't (eg bitrate) but I can't find anything.

Also on some MP3's the player starts playing a fraction of a second into the track, missing the begining.

Any DVD25 owners (or owners of different machines for that matter) having the same problem or can shed any light ?

2. Kalef

Kalef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Have just tried mine and don't have any problems whatsoever!?

Perhaps it's worth trying a different brand of disc or even slowing the burning process down. Could even be the way the MP3's are organised on the disc.

3. Sharring

Sharring
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Kelef

Thanks for the reply.

Ive tried burning the disc several times at different speeds with no sucssess, each time it is the same files that do not play:confused:

4. Kalef

Kalef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I would say that maybe the MP3 itself is corrupt then. Do a search for MP3 Doctor or similar software and see if that helps.

5. Sharring

Sharring
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Iv'e tried a similar program, I can't remember exacly what it was called (ashampoo or somthing like that) anyway the files checked out OK :confused:

Maybe I have a faulty player :(

6. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Is there any way you could try the disc in another player? That way you'll know for definite that it's the player and not the type/format etc. of disc...

There must be a demo version or something at your dealer that you could try...?

K.

7. Kalef

Kalef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Also have a look and see what Windows Media Player is reporting as the playing time of the MP3's. Is it a shorter duartion than you would normally expect? What about it's bitrate, is that unusually high? That would be a sign that the header info on your MP3's is corrupt, and that will mislead the DVD player.

You could try EncSpot or if they are Variable Bitrate MP3's VBRFix.

Of course, if they play on other non-PC DVD players then it could be your player.