HK DVD22 Progressive Scan possibilities...please help :)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Kootuu, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Kootuu

Kootuu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hey,

Ok I've got a Philips PW6006 28" Widescreen TV and currently have a Pioneer DV350 hooked up to it via RGB scart.

Now, the Pioneer keeps playing up on me and I have the opportunity to get a Harmon Kardon DVD22 Multi Region for £75. Now I notice it is progressive scan. The question is, will my TV take progressive scan or do I keep to my RGB connection which seems to be the best quality I can get at the moment.

I don't think it will, because the only inputs I can see are the normal Yellow/White/Red, there is no s-video connector and only two scarts - 1 RGB.

Anyone know? I assume progressive scan has to be connected via Component Video Ouputs?

Cheers,
    Chris

2. Kootuu

Kootuu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    No idea guys? :confused:

3. rauer

rauer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm almost 100% sure your TV won't accept a progressive video signal. And yes, a progressive signal uses component video which your tele obviously can't receive.

On the other hand, I believe the normal interlaced RGB from the H/K would be pretty good and £75 is an amazingly good price if it's a new player.

Hope this helps.

4. Kootuu

Kootuu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Yea I was pretty sure it wasn't component capable.

Anywho, it's about 1 month old, my uncle hardly ever used it so he wants to get rid of it. I'm assuming it will be better than my Pioneer DV350 which is about two years old now? I'm very happy with the picture on that player, but hopefully the H/K will be better.

Cheers,
    Chris