HK DVD 2550 Tech Help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by scollops, Jan 9, 2004.

1. scollops

scollops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had my HK delivered after reading good things - connected up and powerd on - stays in standby. Remote dont work, pressing button on front (power) dont work. Cant open drive - tried everything - buton combinations, battaries, plug socket. But the thing just sits there with the power light on and no display whatsoever.

Am guessing this is a RTB jobbie - already emailed supplier (Home Cinema Heaven) - probably take ages now too - and no DVD player.

Anyway thought I would as the forum see if anyone come across similar - quick fix maybe (hoping).

2. Crocodile JD

Crocodile JD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Only thing I can suggest is: From standby mode press eject button on player (not remote). When I do this, player powers up automatically. If this worked then it is probably the remote only that has the problem. If it doesn't, then the player is a return job. Remember the standby on the player is a light only not a button as far as I can tell anyway.
    You didn't specifically mention fuse, but I assume you've tried that.

Cheers

Croc

3. scollops

scollops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Croc - on the DVD you have two buttons - one for main power th other I guess for on and off - anyways once you plug in - the on/off button has a light on (guessing standby) - like i said pressed everything even the eject - so probably right then RTB it is.

Bugger hope its quick turn around - Thanks anyways.

4. tk

tk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you connected HK to a scart switching box power down all other devices or try connecting it directly to TV set. Mine does stay in standby mode if any other device connected to same switching box is on.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Scallops i assume you have pushed in the lower button, and then pressed the upper standby button on the decks front panel.
    HK players have 2 off switches on/off and on/standbyalso worth checking the 2 pin european plug to 3 pin converter on the power lead.

6. scollops

scollops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right I disconnected form all other units - powered up, ring light still in standby, as mentioned before you press this and it does nothing. Replaced fuse both plug and within unit.

Yes there is two power buttons, the top for main power, the bottom for standby, once the top is pressed th ring light is on. Press the bottom and nothing.

I am not keen on this type of gender changing plug, but didnt want to put a new one on whilst under warranty - looks secure enough, there is power to unit and standby ring light is on - just pressing every button and even eject does nothing, no output to tv at all.

Think its a gonna then ????

Cheers for all the help

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    If it wont respond from standby to disc eject, remote commands, then get it swapped mate.