HK : DPR 1001 or AVR430 ???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Routrout, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Routrout

Routrout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for a deal on a receiver at around 500$. My 5.1 home theater will be used: 70% for movies, 30% for music (mostly Jazz and Rock). I also need the Zone 2 feature. I like the Harman Kardon brand. I used their products before with great satisfaction and I like their receiver's design.

But I am troubled on which model to pick. The older DPR 1001 model or the newer AVR430 ??? I know the difference between a digital path receiver and an analog receiver, I just never heard it.

Is a DPR worth it? Or am I better off with the 40 pounds AVR430 so I can brag to all my friends I got the good stuff??? :clap:

Secondly. Is it possible (or recommended) to combine an HKTS 14 kit with a pair of HKTW 6 towers for 7.1 sound? Or will the combined bass of the towers and subwoofer make the system sound weird? In fact what speaker combo would you recommend with my receiver (don't care about price as long as they are HK)?

Thanx a whole lot!