1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HK AVR 430 - Speaker Dilemma

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by RumbleBee, Jun 15, 2004.

1. RumbleBee

RumbleBee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,
    Firstly let me thank all those that have helped in the past. Sorry to drone on about speakers. I’m very inexperienced and don’t have chance to demo other than my local comet.

I'm in a dilemma where I'm about to purchase the Marantz SR7400 for £480.00.
    To go with this I’m also looking at making up the speakers package with MS914, MS905, MS903 and a MS309 sub.

Okay, so I’m all set to order, but then I start looking at DVD Players that have Progressive Scan for PAL & NTSC. I come across the Harman Kardon DV2550 at Play
    http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=ELEC&title=171011

Looks have previously not being too important, but this DVD player has the features I need and looks fantastic (to me and the Mrs anyway). Now then. My mind goes al haywire when I come across the Harman Kardon AVR 430. This matches the DVD and again has the features and looks
    This is quite expensive in the UK, but can be had for less than the Marantz, if ordered from Germany.

Basically the consideration of this AV has thrown my over the speakers. For the Marantz I considered the AE Aegis Evo’s, Monitor Audio B4’s and finally settled on the Mordaunt Shorts.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
    Andy

2. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I'm running Tannoy Eyris 2s from a HK AVR507 - which is an older model, below the 430 - but the system sounds great. The Eyris range is available cheap(ish) from Peter Tyson, because the dual concentric eyris range is on the way. I have a centre and a pair of rears, too, and the whole thing sounds terrific, no problems driving it all very loud from my lowly amp. You may be very hard pushed to get a demo, though.

3. RumbleBee

RumbleBee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Do you think the AVR 330 or AVR 430 (undecided), will perform with the Monitor Audio B 4' range.

Thanks,
    Andy

4. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I doubt the amp would have a problem. The wattage rating for HK amps is very conservative.