1. We have a team of over 50 moderators working to keep our community safe.Welcome to AVForums.
    Helping with Audio Visual home entertainment since 2000.
    Get help finding the right AV products at the right prices. Get help setting up your AV equipment so you get the most out of it.
    Membership is free. Competitions are free. Classifieds are free. Join now.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hk 3490 bi-wire speakers & amp connect single wire

Discussion in 'Integrated Amplifiers & Receivers' started by mb0ng0, Dec 14, 2009.

1. mb0ng0

mb0ng0 Standard Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I did install my 2XKEF IQ50 speakers onto the hk3490 and i do love the sound. I'm not sure about the connection. Because the amp and the speakers can be connect bi-wired.

I did not connect them bi-wire but single wire because I'm not convinced that this would improve the sound.

I did connect them like this:

[​IMG]
    (right mouse open)

speaker 2, is that when you bi-wire your speakers? Did I do the connection in the right way? or do i have to connect them in a different way?

I did not found the solution in the manual.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  2. mb0ng0

mb0ng0 Standard Member

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone?

3. dante01

dante01 Distinguished Member

Ratings:
    +5,073
    Your current connections look correct. You'd probably not benefit from bi-wiring the speakers anyway? The B terminals are simply split from the same amplification source within the amp that powers the A terminals. All you'd be effectively doing is bridging the power at the amp rather than bridging it on the speakers as you are currently doing. Bi-wiring is only of any practical use if used in conjunction with bi-amping. Bi-amping would provided independent power to the hi and low frequency drivers rather than shared power from the same source.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. mb0ng0

mb0ng0 Standard Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thanks! Im glad i did it in the right way.
    The sound is superb!

regards,