Hive hub - controlling from 'partner' account

njp

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Friends have a heating system controlled by a Hive thermostat + receiver, along with a Hive hub connected to the Internet. This was sold to them when they had their boiler replaced by British Gas a few years ago. It certainly wasn't something they knew about or wanted, and as they are technology-phobic, it falls to me to make any adjustments to heating schedules, temperatures etc.

The heating schedule has been used since I set it up, but now requires changing. I wanted to do this via the Hive app rather than the thermostat, but couldn't get it to pair with the hub. I eventually realised that this was because I'd previously set the app up on a device that was no longer in use, with an account that nobody could remember. Finally got this sorted out by calling Hive, but had to leave before changing the schedule on the friend's phone. So I decided to send myself an invitation from their account and set up my own account with 'partner' privileges (the maximum available) so I could do it from home on my own device.

Set up my own account and accepted the invitation, and I can 'see' their devices, but can't see any way of doing anything useful with them. I can't see (let alone edit) the heating and hot water schedules, or the current and target temperatures.

What am I doing wrong?

Turns out I wasn't doing anything wrong. It just took a few hours for the settings I wanted to become available. All sorted now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom