Question Hive Door sensors quick on/off

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by MacReady, Jul 23, 2018.

1. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Does anyone with Hive interior door sensors know if there is a simpler way to turn individual ones off rather than going through the whole sensor/actions/disable/save routine every time?

Also, can the door sensors be added to Quick Action routines in any way? I want to be able to create a 'Morning' and 'Night' routine for the Hive View cameras, Hive door sensors and Hue Lights that we have that can enable all on or off, but am not sure of the best way to do it or if it can even be done?

2. BritanniaJaf

BritanniaJaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    @MacReady how are you getting on with the door sensors now, I have the samsung multi sensors but am thinking about binning them as these hive sensors are appearing on ebay for around £15/17 and would save me a bit of dosh if I bought them and binned my samsung smartthings stuff.

3. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    They are still not an ideal solution due to the inability to simply be able to turn them on or off with a single button or command.
    The rest of the Hive products can be switched on or off via the app but, with the door sensors, you have to go into each one and then set up a command for alerts, then, each time you want them on or off, you have to go into each one via the app, turn off the command created and then save the settings...and then repeat when you want them switched on.

If they are left on then it's constant alerts on my phone every time we open an interior door.

4. BritanniaJaf

BritanniaJaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    Have you tried confguring them through IFTTT, not sure if that would make a difference.

Do they work 100% of the time, I have noticed a couple of times my SS sensors don't respond, its not far off 1 out of 20/30 times but I worry about the 1 time it dosent work.

5. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Have to admit that it is something I keep intending to look at but still haven't...not even sure if it's possible?
    Ideally I would like to be able to control the sensors and cameras via the Echo with simple voice commands as we leave or enter the house but I really don't think that is possible?

The internet where we live (new build estate) is abysmal...no more than 2.5Mb most days with constant drops. They are upgrading to fibre but it's still a Month or two away from completion but, because of the slow and intermittent connection, we do have problems with the sensors and internal cameras either not acknowledging they have been switched on/off or not sending notifications until some time after the event.

I don't think this is a fault of the Hive system or components though, it is down to the internet.

6. BritanniaJaf

BritanniaJaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    Cheers, mines are due through in next couple of days and im supposed to be on 200mb, so ill keep you posted.

7. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Damn you ;)