• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hive active heating or Nest learning room smart thermostats

farmerchris

Standard Member
I'm looking to upgrade my clockwork style thermostat with something more smart, modern and efficient.

I believe the Nest And the Hive are amongst the best an most popular in there price range.

Has anyone experience or recommendations for either? Do they realy achieve there 20 to 30% energy savings? If so they should pay for them selves in arround 18 months

farmerchris

Standard Member
My combi boiler is 10 years old this december and is reguarly serviced. I'm reasonably consistent being at home or out. Mainly out during the day and maybe out the house in the eve on 2 night a week. I like the idea of it knowing when your not at home and having a target temp rather than just on or off like my current setup. Prahaps I'd be better off with a less smart/ cheeper version...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom