Hitman (PS4)

I've got to say I'm a big fan of the episodic gaming. I've bought so many games over the years that have never been completed because I've lost interest or something else comes along. Purchasing a game like this should mean me spending less cash or a game having to be good enough to warrant a further purchase.

The biggest problem with episodic gaming is the wait for the next content. The game is drip fed and you just end up moving on and getting into other games, which means I never end up bothering with the rest of the game. Intend to now wait until the whole lot is out. Which I will probably do with this and by then it will have well dropped in price.

See the wait isn't a problem for me. Game time is so limited that it'll easily take a month to get through a section like this.

Whilst I appreciate this isn't for everyone and a lot will want the full game to play through quickly, there must be a lot like me who will benefit from games released like this.

I certainly think it will mean companies have to produce top quality products otherwise they're going to lose out on the additional sales down the line.

What actually is this beta? is it the whole first level or something?

The biggest problem with episodic gaming is the wait for the next content. The game is drip fed and you just end up moving on and getting into other games, which means I never end up bothering with the rest of the game. Intend to now wait until the whole lot is out. Which I will probably do with this and by then it will have well dropped in price.

The advantage of having a huge backlog is that when episodic games hit you can wait for them to be fully released and/or on sale before you jump :)

Ha ha imagine it's the first episode in full!!!

Thats why i wondered, if its episodic drops anyway, and the first drop is the 1st full level, what is the beta?

Good stuff. Should be able to have some time with it over the weekend to make my mind up on this.

So the beta is only playable for the weekend?

Anyone tried the beta? I used to love the Hitman games so interested to see what people think

Anyone tried the beta? I used to love the Hitman games so interested to see what people think
I am just playing it now and errrm.

The graphics look very dated to me even last gen. I am in a training area though so not sure if these will improve when in other locations.
HITMAN™ - Beta_20160212192344.jpg

Gameplay wise it does feel like an old Hitman game though, overall am I not very impressed.
So far it will be a game I buy in a future sale. I will play some more and see if it grows on me.

With so many npcs in the larger levels, I doubt they could crank the detail up too much.
Yeah I agree.

I wasn't impressed enough to be tempted to buy it new but will pick it up sub £20.
The two available levels in the Beta have multiple ways to kill the target giving you a reason to replay them.
The AI wasn't very smart but they where alert and on you in seconds. I still managed to change from one outfit to another in full view of a guard who shouted 'what you doing' but never attacked me.

I also think the way they are releasing this will impact on initial sales. I can see this getting a huge discount quickly once all the levels are out.

I seem to a ask this question a lot nowadays

First person mode (like a previous edition tried)?

I seem to a ask this question a lot nowadays

First person mode (like a previous edition tried)?
I didn't even look if it had an option to change the view.
I have uninstalled it now though so hopefully someone else will have a nosey.

I really enjoyed the beta and think it looks good. The textures are nice and refined and it's all very clean looking.

Absolution looked great on 360 and this looks to be a continuation of the same engine on more powerful hardware.

The gameplay is also an evolution rather than reboot which is fine in my book as the last game had evolved the gameplay to its highest point yet. One thing that's missing from the previous game is the ability to tilt your head for a limited time to avoid being recognised while walking past people. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing as even though it didn't really make sense it worked well in practice.

The biggest difference between previous games is that there's now an icon above the guys who will recognise you which will make it a lot easier than before. So you now know which guys you can freely wander about in front of with no fear of having your cover blown.

The biggest problem in previous games imo was the sheer amount of people you had to get round which ended up becoming too repetitive but the new method helps to eliminate that.

I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the full game. I'll wait until it's available in full though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom