1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitatchi Pjtx10

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by aylmera, Aug 13, 2004.

1. aylmera

aylmera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, been visiting this site mainly with the intention of buying a plasma but just got the idea that these may be more suitable to my needs, however, i know absolutely nothing about how they work. After looking at the aforementioned hitatchi PJTX10, i have the following questions (please bear with me as these may sound stupid). what sort of screen size can you get out of the machine, also, can they be projected straight onto a white painted background, or does it need to be a professional screen. And finally, is the picture comparible to a plasma.

Thanks for your time and any advice will be much appreciated

2. chilly

chilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I have owned a PJ-TX10 since February and I am still 100% pleased with it, I bought it from a local dealer for £750 + VAT and installed it as permanent on an LMP ceiling mount which is also fantastic, I cannot fault the PJ in any way, to answer your questions firstly I feel to spend good money and then project onto a painted wall is rather foolish because the result is Just not in the same league, secondly the picture simply blows any plasma picture I have ever seen away, I use a six foot draper screec from a viewing distance of 10 feet ant the quality is enormous.

3. danjos

danjos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    many people seem to say this, but how many have actually tried both properly ?
    I currently use my tx100 on a wall (in lounge so screen looks untidy) and having watched a fair few hours of films on a friends tx100 with screen i just cant yet justify the extra expense and hassle of a screen. I would say the screen is maybe slightly more focused, but theres no way you could say they are in a different league.
    I think if you want to use a good flat wall for convenience or cost then its a good option, dont let the nay sayers put you off until you have tried it yourself :) you can always add a screen later.

4. danjos

danjos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    many people seem to say this, but how many have actually tried both properly ?
    I currently use my tx100 on a wall (in lounge so screen looks untidy) and having watched a fair few hours of films on a friends tx100 with screen i just cant yet justify the extra expense and hassle of a screen. I would say the screen is maybe slightly more focused, but theres no way you could say they are in a different league.
    I think if you want to use a good flat wall for convenience or cost then its a good option, dont let the nay sayers put you off until you have tried it yourself :) you can always add a screen later.