1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitatchi 42PD5200 and analogue tv

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by aylmera, Jul 28, 2004.

1. aylmera

aylmera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

This might sound a stupid question, but i was just enquiring as to whether the Hitatchi 42PD5200 allows you to view analogue television, as i have been told that it is strictly a digital tv. Is this correct?, or have i been given incorrect information.

Thanks for your time

2. acollins

acollins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this screen has an analogue tuner built in

3. aylmera

aylmera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank-you for your reply. (it seems this is the only place you can actually receive correct advice regarding plasma)

4. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Has an analogue tuner on the 5200 model, but all reviews have found the picture using that source is not too good. Have a look at one set up in Currys, Comet etc for the proof. They nearly always have every set in the place running off a generally moderate quality distributed analogue signal. It then of course makes all the bigger screens look cr*p.

Try and find somewhere that at least has a 5200 hooked up to a decent DVD player for an idea of the picture quality. Oh, and check which connection method has been used. I recently saw a 5200 hooked to a DVD player, with the player set to output in COMPOSITE mode. :rolleyes: