1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hitachitachi 42pd5200-component better than dvi? Why?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by usman24, Jun 28, 2005.

1. usman24

usman24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I have been using my Hitachi's dvi input from a denon 2910 for a few months now and out out of interest connected some component leads to my tv for comparison. I was shocked to find that component gave me a better picture than hdmi-dvi. Better colour,less noise and in some cases sharper picture etc. Hdmi also [in comparison] gave me a green tinge more background noise i.e clouds, sky and walls.to any films I watched even when using 480p and 1080i. I would never have known without the comparison with component. Why is hdmi considered superior?

Maybe its just me who thinks this.I don't think it is suitable for sd dvd movies which are available now.

2. azz

azz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi,

I have a 42pd7200 and sammi 850 and tosh 330 component i. The tosh wins.

I think its because the TV scaler is better than the dvd scaler and thus better Pq. When true HD comes out this will be the real test.

Azz

3. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Both connections would need to be set up. They could well need different settings so a straight comparsion may not work.

However is there any real point of using HDMI for an SD image? Ok so even if you sacle the picture using the DVD player the screen is going to scale it again.

It is a widely misguided idea that HDMI will automatically give you a better picture. Great marketing though cos everyone rushes out to get one!