1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi's two main 42" plasmas

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by spurs2003, Feb 12, 2004.

1. spurs2003

spurs2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I am currently (still) trying to decide which 42" plasma to buy as the new 42PMA5000E has just come out I believe.

I would really appreciate it if someone could explain to me what the main differences are between the 42PD3000 and the newer 42PMA5000E are or please could you point me in the right direction. Sorry if this is a duplicate question.......

Thanks.:)

2. Amos

Amos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 42PD3000 is a 'TV', with a separate tuner.

The 42PMA500E is a monitor, and so is the 42PD5000 from Richer Sounds. They seem to be identical in specification, but look different. These new monitors have a higher maximum brightness and a DVI connection. They also use a different image processing chip.

Information on them is a scarce from Hitachi - I can't even find out from their UK support number which desk stand goes with the 42PD5000, but if you do a search on the model numbers in these forums, lots of people have posted info and opinions on the different models.

3. spurs2003

spurs2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your help :)

4. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    The 5000 and the 500 are exactly the same technically, as Amos has stated, the only difference being the 500 has a satin silver/grey surround and the 5000 appears to have a dark gloss/glass surround, it entirely depends upon the decor you wish it to blend with.

I can vouch for the picture quality of the 500.....

Best regards David

5. brethy

brethy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the picture quality on the pd5000 is very good.and the general appearance is a dark grey gloss surround which is stunning.the swivel stand is available and the part number is cmpad15

6. Amos

Amos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks brethy. I'd guessed from the brochure pictures that it was the CMPAD15, but when I called Hitachi to confirm they had no idea. I didn't want to end up with a very expensive paperweight!

Now I've just got to find a dealer with one in stock ...

7. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We have a 5000 at work, mainly for show displays and i was extremely impressed with the picture quality, especially given the relatively cheap price!

Highly recommend it!