1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi's 32PD5200 or Philips LCD 32PF9986?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jvilly, Jan 8, 2005.

1. jvilly

jvilly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At this moment I am confused :confused: what to choose:

Philips LCD 32PF9986 has stunning reviews (5) and I have seen it... it is a very natural screen and has many features.

Hitachi's 32PD5200 has only one review that says it's a good screen. I have seen the screen and it was also quite remarkable performance. Plasma does not have this "delay" which occurs in LCD's.

Or is Hitachi's 32PD5300 a even better choose?

Now I am wondering, if you had the opportunity to choose one of those which one is preferred concerning performance, and why? I have some ideas but I am curious what you think.

Please let me know.

thanks in advance!

2. rudy

rudy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Depends what your budget is.. The Hitachi sells for 1400-1500 now(5200). For an extra 500 the Philips looks more future proof.
    I am very happy with my Hitachi. The only possible gripe is the blacks arent quite as black as some(compare) but the PQ is excellent especially the colours and definition

3. freddyuk

freddyuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just set my Hitachi 32PD5200 up and it is as good as it was in the shop. I have to say it is brilliant.Coming off a Phillips CRT which itself was cutting edge i cannot fault the Hitachi.

Freddy :clap: