1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Chandler, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Chandler

Chandler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A mate at work is thinking of buying a Hitachi C32WF27N TV as it comes free with a Hitachi HTDK150 Home Theatre package - I can't find any reviews on the tv or dvd system and wondered if anyone could advise on if the player and tv are any good, if the dvd player has a scart and rgb output and if the player has a handset hack for region 1 discs and rce discs.

many thanks

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    How much is the Tv? Where from?

The Tv seems very similar to the 32WF810 (except the 727 has no dolby surround/digital). I have the 810, and am very pleased with it.

The dvd will certainly feature scart and rgb output, but I am 90% sure that there will NOT be a handset hack available for it. This particular player is Hitachi's own work, whereas other models were based on samsungs and could be hacked.

Think hard on wether you will be happy with the dolby amp in the dvd as opposed to a seperate amp. Also, check if the dvd's amp has onboard DTS encoding.

Hope this helps.