1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi widescreen tv 32

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Louis121, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Louis121

Louis121

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Hitachi widescreen tv 32 in abut 4 years ago and abut last year start playing on me? :confused:
    what I mien is the tv going off all of a sadden!!! :rolleyes: it was happening now and than it got worse and last night the tv went off and won't come back on? dos this miens that the tv is kaput? :thumbsdow

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    When asking for advice on a piece of equipment always give the full model no.
    Do you know how many different Hitachi 32in models there are?
    Anyway, if the model you have uses the A7 chassis it could just be dry solder joints in a couple of area's of the main circuit board. It's quite common and should be inexpensive to fix.
    Best to call a few Tv repairmen in your area and get a quote.

3. Louis121

Louis121

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply jay cee. the model is Hitachi C32WD2TN2 three dimensional Spatial Sound 3DS and I don't know what chassis is it?
    you may have a point there because when it was going off I would just give it a bang and it would come back on. would you be Abel to tall me where I should look in the tv? :lease:

4. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    That model does use the A7 chassis and I am almost certain the fault is as I suggested but it is a bit fiddly for someone inexperienced to attempt and I strongly advise you just to call in a repairman.
    Just ask around your area for a quote.

5. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    Louis121

Can 2nd JayCee's words; had a Hitachi 32" w/screen about 3/4 years back, started doing the same thing (just after the one year warranty ran out). Rang a local TV guy, he came around and re-soldered the dry joints for £50 and mentioned it happens a lot on Hitachis of a certain build.

6. Louis121

Louis121

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. today I turned the TV on and it come on fine. Is there any repairman who read this forum that lives around NW London - Kingsbury?