1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi Widescreen nightmare

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Amarok, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Amarok

Amarok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a Hitachi 24 inch widescreen for nearly 4 years and it just keeps on switching itself off.What happens is the monster scart leads are so thick and heavy they have made the flimsy connections in the back of the set even more flimsy which results in the picture going blank,the set completley switching off into standby mode,sometimes with a loud pop,.

This is so annoying because the socketts should be better quality to hold the leads.Now it is just unstable and you never know when it is going to switch off,usually at a crucial moment which results in me thumping the set which isn't good.

Can anyone help?????or advise me...maybe its time to get a better set as I have never really liked it anyway.

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,679
    It's a bit heath-robinson, but have you tried getting some adhesive tape (eg gaffer tape) and using it to 'help' the plugs stay in the sockets? Or supporting some of the weight of the SCART cable by binding it (with a tie wrap or twistick) to the mains cable?

3. Amarok

Amarok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Nigel,

I have opened up the back and it seems to be if the circuit board is disturbed,it causes the telly to shut off.This isnt helped by the flimsy scart connections.The whole thing just seems unstable.You have to really mess around with the scart leads to get even the sound to work properly.The stereo image seems to shift as well so securing them with tape wouldnt help I don't think as they are very sensitive.You only have to breathe in their direction to knock them out.Maybe this has caused the tube to become unstable