1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi VS Toshiba.

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Samuelkaye2, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Samuelkaye2

Samuelkaye2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings,
    3weeks ago I ordered a Hitachi 28ld5200 from digital direct :thumbsdow .Today I finally got the truth that they weren’t getting any in. They then recommended me instead the Toshiba 27WL46B which they currently have in stock. I have not seen it in the shops but they claim it to suffer from less severe suffering. I require freeview via a scart socket and component in for DVD's. Which would be the better screen to get?
    Many thanks,
    Sam

2. blossom

blossom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I am seriously thinking about the Hitachi 28LD5200. It seems to have evrything that I need. DVI, component and detachable speakers. Currys and Dixons both had stock yesterday at £999.00. Haven't seen a better price than this yet.

Saw the Tosh in Comet the other day but wasn't that impressed. The non HDCP enabled DVI and lack of component input put me off.

Very tempted to buy the Hitachi now but the Mrs wants me to wait for the sales to see if the price drops. Don't suppose a couple of weeks wait will hurt.

I'd be interested in hearing about the Hitachi's performance if anyone has one.

Cheers

Paul

3. flangemonkey

flangemonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    There was a huge thread in this forum a month or two back all about the Hitachi. I bought one on the strength of it, and added my findings...try using the search facility with Hitachi as the title, the biggest thread has lots of good info about the set (mainly posted by me :p)