Hitachi TX-200 owners look in ......

nickp8

Novice Member
I have decided to go for a TX-200. Not sure what mount to get / what is compatible.

If you have ceiling mounted your projectors can you please post below what mount you are using / where your purchased it from and any pros / cons of the mount.

Thanks.
Nick.

fallwood

Novice Member

Attachments

• IMAGE_00023.jpg
    IMAGE_00023.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMAGE_00024.jpg
    IMAGE_00024.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 132

rapid

Novice Member
Does that just bolt into a ceiling joist or do you get bolts that fold out so it can be mounted anywhere on the ceiling?

Thanks,
R

fallwood

Novice Member
rapid said:
Does that just bolt into a ceiling joist or do you get bolts that fold out so it can be mounted anywhere on the ceiling?

Thanks,
R

You dont get any fixing screws with the mount, I lifted the floor above and bonded a 9"x9" piece of 1/2" ply to the plasterboard to spread the weight , then I screwed through the plasterboard into the ply.

gingercat

jamieuk23 said:
sorry to confuse you but have you not heard about HD72 DLP PJ which is released soon

http://www.discounttv.co.uk/product/Themescene_HD72_Projector_Hot_Deal.html

Just that you get a free screen + mount with it and it will be better overall Quality than the TX200

:thumbsup:

Strange post to make when he's decided what to get, especially as you're a) recommending a DLP, a technology which a lot don't like and b) are suggesting it looks better than the TX200 without any direct comparison available...

nickp8

Novice Member
Thanks for the link fallwood but there is no way I would trust a £8 mount to hold a £1.3k projector!

jamieuk23 I am after a LCD not DLP.

nickp8

Novice Member
Hmm where all the tx-200 owners hiding?:confused:

Radioactive__Man

nickp8 said:
Hmm where all the tx-200 owners hiding?:confused:

a darkened room perhaps :rolleyes:

I own one but have not ceiling mounted, got a nice cheap solution from Argos :smashin:

fallwood

Novice Member
nickp8 said:
Thanks for the link fallwood but there is no way I would trust a £8 mount to hold a £1.3k projector!

jamieuk23 I am after a LCD not DLP.

Yes its cheap but I tested one to destruction before hanging my pj on it, it only broke when I lifted myself off the floor on it and really tugged at it, the mount plate where you screw it to the ceiling cracked but the ball joint remained intact, if its strong enough to support 16st then Im fully confident that it can hold my 5kg pj , nylon is extremely strong. Dont assume just because its cheap that its no good (I still think its expensive for a nylon ball joint), I think that you'll find that the more expensive mounts are just a rip off.

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
jamieuk23 said:
and it will be better overall Quality than the TX200

:thumbsup:

Have you seen them both side by side then?

Anim

As an alternative, you could get that TV Bracket from Ikea that people in this forum have used, can't remember its name now but its £8 and you can move it up a back wall as much as you want, it can angle side to side and has a lip at the front of the base to stop whatevers on it from sliding off.

I have my spare projector in the bedroom on one and thats attached to a plasterboard wall....and above my head when i sleep so if it drops i will probably die of shock, crushed brain:clap:

Dav0

Standard Member
I looked around and like you, didn't fancy mounting mine on a bracket that looked like my son had made at school...So I got hold of a Vogel Evolution. Well made and looks the part. Had to buy some m6 ( x25 long) screws from B&Q and some 8 wall dia tubing (1mm Wall thickness) to make suitable spacers at the same time. drilled out three of the supplied arms to 6mm and well chuffed with the result. shop around and you can get these for just under 70!! not cheap but worth it in IMO and I am usually tight so it must be good!:)

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
I agree with what Fallwood said - it doesn't have to cost the earth to work or to work well. I used an £8 (a pair) speaker bracket with my (then) £3500 HT1000 and it worked a treat for a year before I made another bracket (£12 a pair) to get it closer to the ceiling (screwed into a piece of wood placed between the joists in exactly the same way Fallwood mentions). The remaining speaker bracket was then later used to hold an Optoma H78 plus Prismasonic H1000 ananmorphic lens to the ceiling. Total cost was £6 plus the small piece of MDF used to hold it all together. If the bracket has a weight limitation in the spec, it's pretty safe to expect it to hold less since they're normally tested to a greater weight and then downrated for reliability.

If you're on a budget you can save a lot of money with a little DIY.

Gary.

adieboy

I would have to agree with Gary, as I still use his home-made mdf mount to fix the afore-mentioned HT1000 to my living room ceiling - I must have faith, it's right over my head as I type this - rock-solid!!

Adie

fallwood

Novice Member
Dav0 said:
I looked around and like you, didn't fancy mounting mine on a bracket that looked like my son had made at school...

Wow, so they do high quality plastic injection mouldings at school these days . :eek:

Seriously though , the main reason I got the cheapie mount was that it gets the pj closer to the ceiling than any other mount I've seen , the fact that it was only £9.00 was a bonus.

Ive used all sorts of brackets and camera mounts over the years to ceiling mount my pj's and this one is by far the best.

Anim

Some people prefer to pay extra because of the perceived quality but it doesnt always work like that.

A mount should be out of sight anyway so how it looks shouldnt matter.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom