1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi - Stereo Audio Out with HDMI input?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by stanleyntl, Sep 2, 2005.

1. stanleyntl

stanleyntl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I have a 42pd7500 Hitachi, I'd like to know when DVD HDMI is input to the screen whether stereo audio is output from the monitor output?

I know no video signal is as the manual says so.

You maybe thinking why not use the Player's stereo outputs - sound is from a Panny S97 - which doesn't have marvellous sound from its internal DACS.:(

They Hitachi's DACS maybe better, if only they could be output to a proper hi-fi - and not routed through weedy amp/speakers (12W) in the screen!
    DVD soundtracks can easily send the amp/speakers into distortion. :(

I don't want to fork out for an AV amp+speakers, when I have 100W McIntosh amp+ Tannoy TD12s at my disposal.

It's damn inflexible if you have to fork out for the full home cinema gear, just to get improved stereo when using HDMI!!! :mad:

2. Badger0-0

Badger0-0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    It certainly works with a Scart input, so I can't see why not. It doesn't mention it in my manual except, as you say, only composite video is output through the monitor video.

I'm thinking of my 7200, which is supposed to be the same as the 7500.

The sound on the H speakers, whilst not terrible, is not brilliant.
    The audio outs into my amp sound fine, mate so yes it will be a good move if it works :smashin:

I hope it does mate.

Let us know, please.