1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi sound problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by steev, Feb 15, 2002.

1. steev

steev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We've been renting an Hitachi 32" for a few months. I think the model is the 32WD2TN-311.

Anyway, this week it started giving problems. The sound went all echoey and metallic. On some channels the speech was quiet and music loud. If I wiggle the scarts on the video and cable box I can sometimes get the sound back properly, but it's very tempramental. Sometimes I can get good sound, but no picture. Doh! Sound on terrestrial or from the DVD is generally quieter than it was before.

Has something blown or is it likely to be a wiring problem? I tried unplugging all the scarts and I think it was still quiet. It's a real pain as it's difficult to get round the back to reach things.

I intend to have another play at the weekend. If I can't find a solution I guess it goes back. The wonders of renting. Actually we got it from a local shop who were much cheaper than Box Clever. Unfortunately the local shop has just gone out of business and guess who's taken over the rental side?

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it's a rental set their engineers should come out and fix the set, if the company who has just taken over is box clever just ring before 10am they should call the same day to fix it...........if it can't be fixed on site you should be left with a loan set till the other is fixed or replaced............why have a dog and bark yourself!

3. steev

steev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suppose that's the best route. I just wanted to make sure it was the TV and not one of my devices.

We'll have to see if Box CLever put the price up some time.

Steve

4. steev

steev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well the Box Clever man came, fiddled with the settings and left. Of course I was at work and my partner thought it sounded better. It's still not right. On terrestrial TV the sound is generally very quiet, but for certain sounds it goes loud, e.g. the laughter on Friends and some music. This also affects the DVD on the RGB SCART, but the cable box on the other SCART seems fine.

I'm fairly sure it's not the DVD or VCR as I unplugged everything and tried it. The only other possible external influence would be the aerial lead as that has to go via the VCR as it's not long enough to reach the TV directly. Something else to play with, but I can't see how that could affect the DVD.

Looks like we'll have to get them in again, but I'll try and make it a day I'm there.

Steve