Hitachi Sky PDP4202 - Anyone have one or know where to get one?

NMR

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of swapping my Hyundai HPTN4200S for this plasma. It has had some good reviews.

Does anyone know where the cheapest place to get one is ? Another thread quotes :-

" Hitachi Sky PDP4202 42" Plasma Tv HDTV future proof new
Brand new personal delivery/set up 12 month warranty price: £1,199.00 "

Where is this advertised?

3rd time lucky, --- I want to get it right this time. Got £1,200 to play with. If I mess up, the missus will :suicide:

I don't know where that advert is from but Sky seem to have stopped selling AV gear.There are no adverts for plasma's in the latest Sky magazine and Skybuy.com says it is unavailable now.

I think it's a rebadged PD5200 so it's a good set but I've no idea where you'd get one from.

ebay are selling them nHDTV READY FUTURE PROOF VIEWING

SKY HITACHI 42" SKY PLASMA price: £1,199.00 thats the item number 5794918880

SKY PDP4202 includes base stand!!!

THE ULTIMATE IN HOME CINEMA

"What Plasma Best Buy"

Thanks for taking the time to look over this exceptional product. We are privileged to be able to offer this item with a big big price saving and an old fashioned service to boot. We arrange PERSONAL delivery and set-up tune and demonstrate within the uk.

This plasma is the Hitachi's 42PD5200 re badged for Sky's new high definition broadcasts, with a very pretty piano-black finish. Even the base pedastal stand, remote control and speakers are the same as the Hitachi model's. It's 1,024 x 1,024-pixel panel is HDTV-friendly - Sky will be broadcasting in high definition very soon infact as early as this Chritmas - and connections include two component video sockets and an HDMI-compatible DVI port. Scart input is also provided.The picture quality is excellent: detail is outstanding, and colours are bright and vivid for a plasma screen. Thanks in part to SRS TruBass technology, the sound is also top-notch.- it looks gorgeous and offers first-class performance. .

TECNICAL SPECIFICATION

42” 16:9 widescreen HDTV ready
Nicam Stereo with SRS TrueBass
1024 X 1024 resolution with 16.7 million colours
1000:1 contrast, 1100 cd/m2 brightness
2 X 12 Watt Audio
Previous programme / recall function
Integrated stereo speaker system
Fastext Teletext
Sleep timer
On screen display for all main functions
Automatic shut off facility
Automatic volume level
Automatic programme tuning
Full function remote control
Inputs Scart, RGB, Y/C, CVBS, S-Video, PC 15 pin D-Sub, DVI in/out, Phono

NMR said:
I'm thinking of swapping my Hyundai HPTN4200S for this plasma. It has had some good reviews.

Does anyone know where the cheapest place to get one is ? Another thread quotes :-

" Hitachi Sky PDP4202 42" Plasma Tv HDTV future proof new
Brand new personal delivery/set up 12 month warranty price: £1,199.00 "

Where is this advertised?

3rd time lucky, --- I want to get it right this time. Got £1,200 to play with. If I mess up, the missus will :suicide:

Be very careful.
The E-bay one, if it's a 5200 it's not HD ready.
Note the "HD friendly" line.

All TV's are HD friendly, in that you can see a picture.
Only the 5200H is HD ready.

Either way it's a good plasma, but if it is a 5200, consensus says the Panasonic pwd7 is better at a similar price.

HTH

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom