Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Hitachi Screen Burn and TV Logos

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Chris HK, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Chris HK

Chris HK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My shiny new Hitachi PD5000MA has some image retention after a month.
    I'm trying to wipe it using the all white screen - fingers crossed. I know this has probably been done to death on this site but anyone have any ideas _ apart form refusing to watch channels with stupid logos.
    Should I expect it to happen or shall I ask hitachi to take a look - could it be a faulty screen??

2. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Chris, What channel were you watching to get screen burn from the logo?
    I see image retention after say going into setup menus for ten minutes or so but this soon fades away after a few minutes of normal TV, we watch sky channels exclusively on my 500E and have yet to need the wipe facility of the screen.

Best regards David

3. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Have you tried using the reverse image wipe facility?

Best regards David

4. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I've got a 42PD3000 and watch all TV through SKY+ so it's logos all the way for me and I have to say I've never yet had a problem with screen burn or image retention from watching TV, even after watching Sky News for a couple of hours.

The only time I've seen any indication of image retention was after using my PC on it for around 3 hours and there was a VERY faint trace of the taskbar that kasted around 2 minutes and then disappeared.

HTH

John

5. ASH1

ASH1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Chris, have you reduced the contrast settings ect? I've got the 400E and all the settings were at max when I first turned it on, and I was getting image retention as well. I can still see the black boarders after watching a DVD but if I then watch TV for about ten minuets it all goes away. Some nice person posted the Avia setting for the 400E a while back, and it made a big improvement IMO. Leave it on a channel with no logo for a few hours and with lowering your settings it will hopefully do the job, it did for me.

ASH1

6. Chris HK

Chris HK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in Hong Kong and so rely on STAR TV (same as SKY 1 but without the good bits). The logo is quite bright and white.The screen wipe certainly appears to have worked - there is no logo showing on the white screen but there is the faintest on a completely black screen. I have turned down the brightness and contrast now and will keep at it with the wipe. I just want to be sure its not a fault with the screen - is that possible?? Would the inverse help?