1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi problems - can you help?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jonners, Apr 9, 2005.

1. jonners

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I have a Hitachi PMA400E which I have had for 15 months and was quite pleased with it until last night. Unfortunately last night it blew a fuse in the plug. I replaced that but the new fuse blew. It seems that every time I put a new fuse in the screen shows that it is in standby mode for 1 second then, as it tries to turn itself on, the fuse in the plug goes.

Does anyone have any experience of this and if so what could be wrong and what might a repair cost?

On a second point do any Hitachi owners know what the standard warranty period is because I can find no mention of it in my manual but suspect it is only one year. If so I am out of Warranty. Does the Sale of Goods Act give me any right to claim a repair from the store I bought it from - i would have though it was reasonable to expect a plasma TV to last beyond 15 months?

I would be grateful for any guidance anyone can provide, as you can see I am a bit lost at the moment. :rolleyes:
  2. laser

Aug 1, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

I also have a PMA400E. I have checked all my documentation and can't find any mention of guarantee length either. I would therefore suspect it is 1 year but it would be worth contacting the shop you bought it from or Hitachi.

I'm sure you have tried......but have you replaced the fuse with the same amp fuse. The details should be listed on the molded plug. Incidentally the manual tells you to only use the suplied cable for the plasma. I have a feeling my cables have probably got mixed up and I'm not using the original cable supplied with my display.

Check out this thread on Hitachi customer support. It may preapare you if you need to contact Hitachi:

Would you please keep us informed of the outcome and the cause of the problem in case anything ever happens to my PMA400E.

Hope you get it sorted.