1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hitachi plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ricky1, Apr 27, 2005.

1. ricky1

ricky1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am thinking of going for the new hitachi plasma but i am still not sure of the size of screen i am after . does anyone one know if the new hitachi comes in a smaller screen other than 42" and hd ready .
    i will be using it through a freeview box and my pioneer 313 home cinema dvd player , are there many happy hitachi owners on this forum as it seems to be panny or pioneer owners .
    any links to reviews on the hitachi would be great .

thanks rik .

2. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    to answer one part of your question, I would go for the bigger 42" if you can. My Living Room is by no means large (I sit about 8-10 feet away) and am glad I didn't go for the smaller.
    You soon get used to the size although at first it is a bit scary compared to your older set.
    PQ is obviously more apparant the bigger the set and the closer you sit, but if ur watching dvd's through a capable player it is awesome.

3. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    I'd second that, the extra viewing area is well worth it and you won't regret it. I did have a 36" Panny crt (which looked massive when I first got it!) but the 42" plasma is a much better viewing experience, especially DVD's and the PS2 connected via component.

Don't have a link to an on-line review but one of the current av mags I browsed in WH Smiths a couple of days back couldn't praise it highly enough.

There is a leaning towards Panny/Pioneer panels for various reasons on these forums (no doubt valid) but if you have good source material and the correct 'settings' then I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.

ALI