1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi plasma ordered.... question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Pheedbak, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Pheedbak

Pheedbak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Firstly many thanks for all the posts etc ive read from all of you to help me narrow down my plasma choice. In the end i deceided i couldnt justify spending over 3 grand so went for the hitachi 42 incher from currys plus discount (thanks whoever started that one!) so now im just w8ing for delivery.

My question is a simple one how long is the cable from the media box to the plasma .... i need to run it across the room.

Also is 99 quid from argos the cheapest the wall mount comes ?

Many thanks

Phil

2. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hitachi do a longer cable that you can buy - at extra cost- I think it's about 10m long. The one in the box won't stretch across a room (unless you live in a shoe box), it's about 1.5m.
    £99 for a proper hitachi wall mount sounds like a bargain to me.

3. RichardJ

RichardJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The cable from the media box is only around 2m so you'll need the 10m cable. It doesn't come cheap though, the cheapest I managed to get it was £180.99 from Unbeatable and is a special order item.

The good news is that the Hitachi wall mount is only £87.99 from there though.

4. Pheedbak

Pheedbak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the replies ill get onto unbeatable then :)

Phil

5. s8ngy

s8ngy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can make your own cable for the 42pd3000 if you buy a DVI cable (£15 for 5m) and buy two 8 pin mini din plugs from maplin with 5 metres of individually shielded 8 core cable (£10) solder the mini din's pin-to-pin (need to be good with a soldering iron) and for a total of £25 you get a good working cable. Add another £12 if you want to make a 10m version.

You need to use good shielded cable on the 8pin or you will get digital chatter through the speakers at higer volumes.